Firestick - Stremio - Torrento

First, please let me apologize as I have searched and searched and cannot find the answer to my question. I see a lot of posts that say - this has been covered before and then gives a vague answer that did not work for me.

My problem - I accidently cleared the data from my Stremio on my firestick. It erased the all important Torrentio add on. It is not available to reinstall from the community addons. I uninstalled and successfully reinstalled latest version of Stremio. Torrentio or Torrentio Lite is still not there.

Would someone please help me with step by step instructions on getting Torrentio back on my Stremio on my Firestick.

I think the keyword here is Firestick as I see a lot of posts about https://torrentio.strem.fun/ but I see no way to make this work on my firestick.

Many thanks for your patience in helping me out.

You didnt search.

Hello, welcome to the TROYPOINT Insider. Please read the rules and regulations prior to posting another topic. Thank you.

Please use our search function regarding this further.

Also this topic/issue/problem/ or common thing as been discussed a lot and there is many topics on this, please use our search regarding this further. Making the same topics on info that’s already posted is against our rules. Old topics are available to post as they are not locked, our search would bring this up. Thank you for understanding.

I am very sorry. I guess my search skills are bad. I have searched Stremio Firestick and Torrentio and I only get results for PC not Firstick. I only need help with getting the Torrentio on the Firestick version of Stremio.

I am very big fan of this website for years and this is my first time I ever got confused and that is why I am asking now.

I plead for mercy and ask that you or someone else link me to the answer?

I re-read all the posts from the search results and was able to piece together a solution.

I think I can help the next guy who has this problem by saying you need to click on the install link https://torrentio.strem.fun/ in the SILK BROWSER.

Thank you for your patience. I guess if anything your warning made me think harder. Have a good day.

You are going to the wrong place. You don’t need to worry about redownloading or adding addons. You have an account and all your configuration info is stored in the cloud. As you have cleared all data you now simply have to log back in and all your stored configuration data is applied. If you are having issues on your device then chances are you have a corrupt install. So uninstall and reinstall and log back in and all your setup will be applied and magically appear. Now if you want to add a new addon you use a web browser, like “downloader” or "Silk"and go to https://stremio-addons.netlify.app/
then find the addon you want, click the install button and follow your on screen prompts. Of course if you had an addon previously installed then you won’t need to do this. This will be for “new” addons only.
Have fun and STREAM ON!!

4 Likes

Thank you. It is fixed now.

I have only ever done guest log in. I see now the advantage of making a log in. What threw me off is that for years if I got a new firestick for another TV or just did an update I would always just look up Troy’s step by step instructions. This time, his instructions were not very clear when it came to put the good addons on such as Torrento: Stremio on Firestick / Android TV Review – Is This App Safe & Legal? (troypoint.com)

I see now what I need to do. Also, I note that for some reason Downloarder was not installing Torrentio. Is wasn’t until Dracoo above prompted me to go through every single search item again that I saw that one user had a similar problem and used Silk to make it work. That did the trick for me.

I got to say for laughs here that I am not tech savvy at all and have been getting by extremely well by carefully following others directions with little idea of the concepts of what I am doing. For example, I streamed nightly for over a decade without a VPN before I received my first letter from my ISP who told me I had six more warnings after this. LOL. I got Surfshark after that.

Now I am reading about this Realdebrid, I have zero clue what that is but can say that my streams are fine without it. But just like the VPN perhaps one day I will need that too.

On downloader there are basically 2 ways to access the internet. One works just like Silk, and that is “Browser” on the left side. After I’m done I bookmark it and can find the link in the future under “Favorites” also on the left. To get there go to the hamburger, top right, to the right of “Go” and click it, click “Add current page to favorites”.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Here’s a link that may help. I do everything via my computer using Stremio v 1.5.7
Stremio Addons - Community List (stremio-addons.netlify.app)

1 Like

I gave that link in my first reply post PF. Looks like they got there and done using the Silk Browser.

1 Like

Did you update to that 1.5.9

I just checked the Play Store and there is no update showing.

Nope. I love their updates but that 1.5.7 to 1.5.8 farse was enough to have me hold off for a couple of weeks until I know there aren’t any new issues. It is on the official stremio site. The 1.5.9 update is for Mobile it says. The other Android still shows 1.5.7 and I hate that layout. So I set mine to 1.5.8 on the shield

1 Like

One thing I noticed since coming back to look at Troypoint site to solve my issues is many people using and post glowing reviews of NVidea shield. I suspect I should upgrade my firestick to this shield?

1 Like

Nope. Not in my opinion. The 4K Max will do everything you could want as long as you are just using it for streaming and not game play. The Shield does not provide a significantly improved viewing experience over the Max. It’s like the Onn in that regard. Yes if you want to set up gaming or a NAS or are into PLEX. The Shield is superior in it’s chipset. Do I love my Shield? Heck ya. But it’s $200 and I have 12 Max sticks I got for $35 ea. Ultimately you don’t need a Ferrari to pick up groceries, a VW Beetle will do just fine, however you can get your groceries faster and in more style, using a Ferrari.

1 Like

In other words, if you want to do more stuff with your device. Then a Nvidia is the way to go.

Btw, you send me a Ferrari and I will gladly go grocery shopping in it and a whole lot more. Therein lies the answer. A Ferrari can do everything the VW can do but also have options to do a whole lot more and that is the point with owning anything of higher quality, flexibility.

1 Like

You summed it up perfectly. It’s all about what, and how much, you want to do.

1 Like

Thank you for the good advice!

1 Like