Firestick stopped recognizing usb

I think so as well. The biggest problem with the sticks is definately over heating, and poor storage. They aren’t really sealed that well and moisture can easily get into them, especially humidity. With the poor performance of the older sticks a $40 USD investment on the newer 4k Max is worth it imho. I am going to get the 3rd gen cube when I can though, as they are far superior to even the Max and honestly, I’m starting to see more and more glitches with almost ever update on the Max. Even my 1yr+ old Max is showing signs of it’s age and there is a noticeable difference between brand new and this 1yr old unit. This is why many suggest doing a factory reset after an extended period of use (months).

1 Like

Thanks Miki for the info. I’m new to the insider and this helped me tremendously.

I’m also having trouble with the firestick not getting to their servers. This happens at least once a day. Nothing I’ve tried has worked.
Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by not getting yo their servers. Do you mean yhat yhe dticks aren’t connecting yo Amazon?

Window pops up and reads home screen not available. Cannot connect to our servers. Please restart.

2 Likes

Mine does that on the rare occasion and I simply ignore it. I don’t give a damn about Amazon servers. I just make sure my VPN is running and then I open TiViMate and start watching live tv. It eventually hooks up and then displays their garbage. I have all the ad stuff turned off and privacy on. I turn off the two auto play settings as well.

Agreed I’m glad when my stick cannot connect to Amazon at times. Makes it kind of nice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.