Firestick Sideloaded Apps Not Showing

I update mine all the time. Runs perfectly. My big advancement was adding a powered hub, 16GB USB Drive, and my mini keyboard. Keeps my Max with around 3Gbs of free space. Now I don’t record or anything like that, I just stream and test out apps.

I bet you have a spare one to experiment on,
I think you would like the shield,
is your 4k Developer opted ?

I program Max sticks for the tourists down here in Mexico so they can get their favourite stuff. Not sure what you mean developer opted. All my firesticks are optimized with as much Amazon stuff turned off as possible. All are “jailbroken.” All have the basics. updated>optimized>VPN>VPN Safety Dot>developer and ADB>Downloader>Troy’s RAI>FTK>ES File Explorer>Analiti>TiViMate>Defsquid>Stremio>Youtube>Netflix
That’s the basics, then from there any additional apps they want like Disney+ or Paramount+.

can a usb power hub be added to a plain one? and what are the benefits of making developer options?

Developer options allows for “sideloading” 3rd party apps not found in the 2 main app stores ( google playstore and Amazon App Store.) Now if you intend on becoming a developer and testing out your own app you need it. Also ADB allows for a multitude of more advanced options. You can add a hub to any stick but infortunately Amazon did not make adding extra storage easy until the Max release. The hub just allows for “expanding” the Sticks options. For me with all the testing and programming a mini keyboard is a must and having the USB drive keeps the stick “clean” but also allows for a ton of apps to test when ppl have issues, and for those who need ethernet you also have that available.

2 Likes

So I must have because I can side load apps, what would you recommend turning off and on on it in developer options? and if I hook up a usb hub will the firestck recognize it?

1 Like

wow and I agree. My deliveries now are delayed or lost. About a year ago they opened a new gigantic a few miles from me, now everthing has slowed to a crawl.

There aren’t any “things” to turn off in developer options. Most of what you want to turn off are things like auto pay or purchasing, and “privacy/data” Settings in Preferences along with others there like Featured Content. My advice, click your way around all the categories to see what you want to change.

1 Like

yes I am just trying to free a little memory so it moves faster

2 Likes

yes I am just trying to free a little memory so it moves faster
]

1 Like

@KennyPowerz

Did your issue get resolved?

Hi TP,
I just don’t understand how you could hook up a usb hub to a regular firestick,

Look at the guides for that. This topic is a different issue

1 Like

I use an Onn box and I watch movies and sports using the Silk browser. I also added USB storage and have not problems. also use SS.

1 Like

Sounds good to me, I will give it a shot

3 Likes

I ended up getting a chance to mess with it. Did another update and they showed up under installed on this tv. I’m good now

1 Like

I had this happen to me with my new Firestick 4k about 3 months ago. Could not find my side loaded apps. I ended up doing a factory reset and then it begin to work.

I have a Fire Cube and 2 4K sticks all fully updated and loaded with 3rd party apps with no issues. I also have a Nvidia Shield Pro all updated and also loaded no issues. Make sure you have install unknown apps allowed turned on in downloader. If that doesn’t work then that really is a puzzler. Good luck trying to figure this out.

The disappearing icon issue was an OS7 issue. It was supposedly fixed in an update a month or so ago. Has it come back after being fixed?

I havent had issues with grey icons after the update so this is news to me.

1 Like