Firestick Sideloaded Apps Not Showing

What in the hell have they done? I reset my 4k stick to factory. They hide the developer option, got that figured out. Got downloader, put in codes, downloaded programs, they show up in manage install applications, I cannot find them anywhere in the App Library. They don’t show up under “installed on this tv” usually I’m pretty good on this but this has me perplexed and pissed.

3 Likes

That sucks man. I’m so happy I got away from those awhile back after finding this great place and people and started playing with other boxes like Shield Pro, TiVo Stream 4K, ONN’s, Buzz X5 and KM2. They were great when I started dabbling in this hobby but as I’ve progressed and have seen what they’re doing…no thanks

3 Likes

I was lucky I jumped right in with a Nvidia shield pro back in the day as you know it is so easy to setup and use it was a breeze :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

If Miki gets a shield for Christmas what are we gona do to help the fire croud :eyes: :ambulance: :grimacing:

2 Likes

If I know Miki he will still be a fire chief :firefighter::fire_engine::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:fire: :firecracker: Did someone say Christmas and shield pro. All excited now. :blush:

4 Likes

I’m sure you are on Santa’s nice list but sometimes you still need to drop a few hints :mx_claus:

2 Likes

Lol. I’m old enough now I can get away with outright requests. Got some paper and a pen:>>>
Dear Santa, I’ve been a good boy, no matter what Dracoo says: :::::::email: :eyes:

2 Likes

I always considered Firestick the AOL of streaming devices . Like training wheels on a bike. The good news is that you can still use it as a door stopper . Good luck shopping for a new device .
:pirate_flag: Pete :pirate_flag:

5 Likes

Lol. I’ll put my Max up against any other device. There’s a reason it’s the biggest seller. Ya just need to learn what you’re doing like any other device. Works for me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Kinda like dial up :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I can hear the modem logging in with those cringe worthy noises :rofl:

3 Likes

For sure. Have to start somewhere. Now we stream movies etc. Wow come a loooong way.

2 Likes

100% truth! This is without a doubt a perfect statement

2 Likes

All I know is I have selective memory and I tend to forget all about my fire device days :joy:…onward through the fog… :atm:

3 Likes

lol. Same goes for AndroidTV for me. I love the superior FireTV tools and setup. No more googlitis for me.

5 Likes

That’s the best thing about the availability of the many systems and versions out. Stick with one you like or have a mix. Makes life interesting. Lol. I went from FS to Apple to Android. I have Firesticks laying around not being used and a new Apple TV sitting in a box I listed to sell and nobody is interested. I even offered a straight up trade for an Android box to try and get rid of it

2 Likes

Several apps I subscribe to are not showing but I have apple tv and several android devices that do . I have been moving away from amazon for a while.
I dropped prime months ago because of their shipping problems.

Amazon is not what it used to be anyway and slowly getting worse. Thats a fact…
Their prime shipping is getting bad as probably some of you know.

Update

My 4K Max had not been updated in months and I started having problems like many have this past week.As I stated in another post.
I used the debloat tool and unchecked the block updates. It took a while to update it finished and eveything seems to be back working ok, I never used any of the other loader apps and I don’t even remember why i blocked updates now . I’ll keep playing with it and see what happens.I also have 4-4k Sticks and 2 more 4K Max still in the box never opened like I have a few ONN sticks also.
I guess by now u noticed I keep backups of devices lol One day soon i"ll try the other boxes ppl speak of and use. I do a lot of reading about them here

I hope eveyone has a nice labor day where ever you are

1 Like

I don’t go near anything with an apple on it . :eyes:

2 Likes

So should I not update or reset my firestick now?