Firestick os 7.0 Can't See USB Drive

I have a Firestick 4k with os 7.2.4.2. I have tried using two different Sandisk 3.0 32 gb usb thumb drives to expand my external storage but they do not show up in settings or in File Explorer. I had previously successfully used these drives in Firesticks with 6.0 os using the shell. I erased these drives by reformatting them to FAT 32. My 4 k Firestick os 7.0. I did not see my problem in some of the suggested posts. Thanks

@2thperry

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

I have. I did not mention that my firestick os 7.0 has a few apps on it including my vpn. Should I rest my firestick?

Should I reset my firestick ?

@2thperry

Don’t think you need to reset it at this point, but make sure yout usb is formatted properly to fat32.

https://www.aftvnews.com/fire-tv-stick-4k-max-fully-supports-external-usb-storage-with-ease/

So I broke down and purchased a 4k max firestick. It was like shooting ducks in a bathtub to expand the external storage, and the ease of moving files was remarkable - well worth the investment.

2 Likes

How did you install OS7 on a Firestick 4k?

Mine came with FireTV OS 7.2.5.5 Try updating.

1 Like

Oh sorry I saw 4K and didn’t look farther. It’s only the 4K MAX that has OS 7.

Yes, that was my question for the OP.

I had a firestick 4k os 7.2.4.2 which could not find my usb drive FAT32 format. I tried Rufus app to reformat and I could not ever get my firestick to find any of my 3 Sandisk 3.0 drives, which according to Troypoint’s guide it should. The new firestick 4k max is os 7.2.5.5.

1 Like

Fire TV Stick (3rd Generation) : FireOS 7.2.4.2 (21710617476)

I suspect that is the stick you had.

https://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-add-external-usb-otg-storage-and-move-apps-on-the-fire-tv-stick-lite-fire-tv-stick-3-and-fire-tv-cube/

Yes, a 3rd gen Firestick, not a 4k.

1 Like

See if the link I provided helps.

2thperry - I have the exact same problem you have posted. No matter what I do, I cannot see my USB 3.0 stick on my Firestick 4K, yet when I use ES Explorer it shows up at mounted. I have looked at the answers that have been posted but find no real solution. Did you ever get it to show up on you 4K?

Did you follow the instructions I posted?

Just a hunch here but some time back I had a similar issue. I used total commander to get it all working and then reverted back to my preferred X-plore. Might be worth a try.

Miki, I read through your post but after connecting the USB, I get no evidence of it being mounted. That is in My Fire TV nothing related to USB shows up so I’m not able to proceed any further than just inserting into the cable.By the way my OS is 6.2.8.1

1 Like

Ahh so it’s an older firestick. Let me see if it will support external usb storage. Thanks for the info.