Firestick Apps on USB

You can use X-plore on the OS6 to transfer back and forth. I would recommend you try the Walmart ONN box $19.88.

Seems to have been minor hiccup from amazon update but the glitch has cleared itself today. Thanks for the response though

Thinking I might have to redo my ADB Shell, as I am starting to get low storage space warnings again. Funny thing is, I still see the USB icon next to some of my apps in my apps list. Does that mean it is still working, and if so, why am I still getting low storage warnings?

Currently using a 256GB SanDisk USB 3.0 connected to my Firestick 4K as my external storage device.

Ya, Amazon cleared their clitch, dang I was hoping it was permanent!

is X-plore an app? Where do I get it? Are you using the Firestick for the streaming apps and the USB for the utilities - like everything else? Can you transfer the pre-loaded Amazon bloatware to USB?

Someone once said they were able to transfer the Amazon apps from the stick to the USB. I challenged them to give a tutorial on how to accomplish this. We never heard from them again. Amazon apps are protected modules and no way to transfer them out of the OS and into external storage.

well now I am totally confused! I ordered the new 4k Max firestick. I have a USB also. When I reload apps onto the new firestick Max - where do I need to place them - internal or USB?? What about Chrome, various players, appstarter, Blokada, Downloader, Filelinked, Launch on boot, taskmaster, VLC, Troypoint - internal or USB? Thanks in advance for clarifying this

Well unfortunately where the apps get loaded isnā€™t entirely up to you. As mentioned, some apps you can transfer off the stick and onto the USB but only if the developer codes this into their apk. But for the most part almost every app I install gets put onto the USB. I keep just my most important streaming apps like Stremio and TiViMate on the stick. Also apps you get from the Amazon app store will be installed onto the stick, like downloader, without the option to move it to the USB.
As far as Chrome goes it really isnā€™t needed unless youā€™re really insistent on using it. The Max comes with silk preloaded and really is optimized for use on the stick.

Thanks Miki. Iā€™ll have to check out Stremio & tivimate. I use Cinema, Beetv and Cyberflix.
What addons do you suggest for STremio?

For Stremio it depends on what you use it for. I only use it for Movies and TV Series, so I activate every available addon for those. The most important imho is Torrentio. Stremio addons have been discussed a lot on here and if you do a search here you"ll find lots of help.
Now for TiViMate itā€™s only good if you buy the premium and for a lifetime sub itā€™s very inexpensive. $25 US. but that unlocks all the options and there are a lot and with a good IPTV sub itā€™s amazing.

Yes TV series and movies for me as well/ For live tv I use icutcord - 10/mo. Its very good as well. I will check out tivimate

Look at Mikiā€™s post.

I got interested in what you said about the 4K Max tv stick. But the cheapest on I found on Amazon was a refurbished one for $50. Where did you find one for $35 ?

They will be on sale at amazon.com prime days which I believe are July 12 and 13. There were also sales at home depot if I remember correctly. You have to watch as sales come and go.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.