Firestick Apps Being Removed? How to Disable Auto Offload

Apps disappearing on fire sticks I had to turn off Amazons new off load they put on reload apps at least once a week I have to clear cache on all apps and did a clear data force stop on all the Amazon apps I don’t use .like kids games live shopping photos also stopped screen saver this helped on mine Amazon is trying to make it so there is no room for other apps

2 Likes

You have to do a total reboot and reinstall

Try a different file manager. Try File Manager + … you might find aome apps that are installed, but Firestick is hiding from your apps list, either because it wasnt compatible or they just blocked that app…

Try sdmaid se,from the f-droid repository,they have a free version, since you only find paid version of sdmaid se in playstore.
Sdmaid se helps to deep cleaning and save lots of memory.

If you have any space left download a good file manager (available in the FS ‘playstore’)… you can then go into any downloaded files and clean them out. Sometimes things get downloaded (either mistakenly or someone clicking a d/l button)… either way I have seen unwanted items in the download(ed) section in my file manager. The ES file Explorer is one I used to use but it’s a storage hog. There are smaller app that you will see in the store. good luck!!!

option to turn off doesn’t appear to be on my Firestick 4kmax. Nothing happens when I click storage option

You haven’t gotten the update or you’re using an old Firestick.

I have a new 4k firestick & found when you get to the part to click on “Storage” there is nothing behind it to open up. I have done all updates but still nothing showing. My IPVanish won’t show, but instead I have to open it through the manage installed applications setting. The same applies to the old 4k stick in the slender box.

I too have the new version firestick with all available updates. Like others have reported, the off load setting is not present in Storage.
Fire tv stick 4K max (2nd gen)
Version OS 8.1.0.1 (RS8101/ 1856)
Fire tv home version 6470220.1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=ToiK7WYMezz7XmbfXt

The option to turn auto offload off is missing from my firestick 4k max also

When i click storage it beeps and beeps, i cannot access auto offload so now what do we do?

That option is not on my 4k max fire stick?

i,ve tried to turn it off on my new 4k max and it does,nt work. help?

Actually I did eventually get it to show under the storage tab, but had to keep downloading the updates to get there but all good now. But still no IP Vanish is showing but deffo on stick. That said if is a bug as suggested am sure it will be fixed eventually :wink:

Hi make sure your stick is up to date can’t see any reason it won’t turn off worst case would be factory reset and start from scratch

As title, sideloaded ibplayer pro to firestick, added to homescreen, the next day it was gone. Had to go to settings>apps and launch it from there, then app reappears and then i added back to home screen.

Anyone else had this issue?

1 Like

check in settings and applications that automatic offload is off

1 Like

Please use the search at the top this topic has been covered extensively and there’s multiple threads with regards to this issue how to handle it and how to take care of it and resolve it.:point_up::mag:

I have looked for that option but it is not there. On my firecube the option is there.