Firestick Apps Being Removed? How to Disable Auto Offload

Sounds like something got updated or recorded and added a ton of data to storage. Did they record anything? Some iptv services can overload the storage with storing VOD stuff (audio/visual) previews on the device.

Bottom line is, you need to identify what caused the data issue or it just might repeat itself.

1 Like

Thanks for you response! The playlist I installed for them did not include VOD. I’m absolutely baffled as to what’s blowing up their memory. Tivimate and CinemaHD were among their apps 2 days ago, now they’re gone. I’m studying how to get rid of all the bloatware on Firestick, however I doubt that simply disabling apps will correct the memory issue. I’m considering returning the Firestick to factory settings, but I hate to do it because their Tivimate playlist and settings are backed up in an internal file folder. I don’t think they recorded anything, but hey, they’re both approaching 90 and neither of them remember what I tell them from one day to the next. Anything could have happened.

1 Like

there are a lot of things that clearing cache wont touch like thumbnails etc i used Ez and it cleard the lot on kodi

I’m watching a video now about how to delete and block bloatware updates. My theory now is that bloatware updates caused a memory shortage that sort of pushed Tivimate and CinemaHD off the device. Am I thinking straight? Is that a thing? I think that’s what Powerfader was trying to tell me

1 Like

also there is an update on firestick that removes apps that are not used alot you can switch it off in settings so check that to

4 Likes

Can you add a USB for storage? I believe you can. Then that might resolve your data issues.

Here is a TP tutorial about expanding FS storage.

How to Expand Internal Storage on Firestick & Fire TV Cube (2022) (troypoint.com)

Below is a thread created here in the Insider.

2 Likes

I have a 16GB Sandisk USB Drive attached to my 4K Max via a Smays powered OTG hub. I put as many of my secondary Apps on there that will go on it. I always have about 1.5GB of free space on my Max. I don’t have dozens of apps and the USB Drive never has over 5 GBs of apps. Don’t forget, even though the apps are on external the Fire TV OS still places some app Data on the stick.

1 Like

I had set my neighbor up with that same Firestick and he complained that, despite only having two or three apps installed (Tivimate and Syncler) he was getting “Low Storage” notices. I did my best but could not solve the problem. I assumed I should start fresh and I did. With NO additional apps installed, I got the low storage notices.
Seems there is or was a glitch in the 4kMax. I reworked an older firestick at my house, added a Sandisk 128 thumb drive and got him all set up with no problems.
I brought his firestick home and kept playing with it. Somehow, along the way, it seems to be working correctly again. I do not install system updates anymore.

Thanks everyone who responded to my post. As it turns out, I was able to download and install Tivimate, and even restore the backup. HOWEVER, my intent was to install file-manager software and TDUK update blocker. But there was not enough memory for that so I went ahead and returned Firestick to the factory settings, thus destroying my Tivimate backup file. I’ve got everything re-insttalled now.

OlReg, I find your comment interesting and I will be watching for low-memory notifications in the future.

I wouldn’t be recommending that as Amazon appear to have found a way to block APKs stored on them.

My 4K Fire Stick version OS.6.7.0.0 has been running with a San Disk 32 GB flash drive attached - on which I had stored 9 APKs - for the last couple of years. Everything worked fine until today, when none of the APKs would work, annoyingly including my main ones Kodi, my IPTV service and Smart Tube. The other APKs actually on the fire stick are ok.

I don’t think there’s a way of simply transferring them all to the fire stick, so it looks like all I can do is disconnect the flash drive and download them again straight to the fire stick - which will also mean having to get rid of some from the fire stick.

Bloody nuisance really.

Dunno? But what you just replied is another reason I will never be a Bezos Boy. lol

Bezos Devil Bat gif

Nividia Shield Pro is the only way to go.

1 Like

Have you deleted the installation files from Downloader, if you use Downloader ? Recommend you download Cache Cleaner by Tech Doctor, it’s invaluable. Download from Amazon Store.

1 Like

Apps disappearing on fire sticks I had to turn off Amazons new off load they put on reload apps at least once a week I have to clear cache on all apps and did a clear data force stop on all the Amazon apps I don’t use .like kids games live shopping photos also stopped screen saver this helped on mine Amazon is trying to make it so there is no room for other apps

2 Likes

You have to do a total reboot and reinstall

Try a different file manager. Try File Manager + … you might find aome apps that are installed, but Firestick is hiding from your apps list, either because it wasnt compatible or they just blocked that app…

Try sdmaid se,from the f-droid repository,they have a free version, since you only find paid version of sdmaid se in playstore.
Sdmaid se helps to deep cleaning and save lots of memory.

If you have any space left download a good file manager (available in the FS ‘playstore’)… you can then go into any downloaded files and clean them out. Sometimes things get downloaded (either mistakenly or someone clicking a d/l button)… either way I have seen unwanted items in the download(ed) section in my file manager. The ES file Explorer is one I used to use but it’s a storage hog. There are smaller app that you will see in the store. good luck!!!

option to turn off doesn’t appear to be on my Firestick 4kmax. Nothing happens when I click storage option

You haven’t gotten the update or you’re using an old Firestick.