Firestick 4K reboots itself several time while watching

Can anyone tell me why my Firestick 4K reboots while watching programs on it? Sometimes it feels very warm to the touch. Is it fixable.

1 Like

@mrhockey

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Probably overheating.

1 Like

Reboot is usually an indication of over heating. Make sure to use the HDMI extension and keep the stick away from the TV not flat up against the TV.
One other thing, power can also cause this behavior. Do not plug the stick into the USB port on your TV. Make sure to use the power adapter that came with your stick and plug directly into house current.

2 Likes

^^^^^^^ What he said.

2 Likes

If you have room you could purchase a HDMI switch that can hold up to 5 devices. That gets it away from the TV completely and you can plug it in as Miki said. I had one then I purchased the Bose Lifestyle 650 that already has ports for 5 devices. I don’t like to keep the power going to my Firestick when I am not watching it so I purchased Smart plugs that work with an app or Alexa to turn the power off when I am ready. I did this with all my devices.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.