Fire TV Cube, 2nd Generation

My Fire TV Cube is very slow. How can I speed it up?

Hello @rruch this is usually due to having a ton of apps installed. I would first suggest uninstalling all apps that you no longer use. You can also do a factory reset and reinstall everything. Our Rapid App Installer makes it quick to install the best apps quickly.

1 Like

With 2 gigs of ram and 16 gigs of memory, this doesn’t leave the fire cube, (like fire stick), with much space to download and play many hi def streaming apps/games without freeze ups, etc. This is especially true when Amazon has installed so many proprietary apps that you can’t get rid of. If they could be a bit less stingy and have a 3 - 4 gig ram processor with 32 gig or more of internal memory, this might be a better device

I have tried to follow the instructions to Expand Storage on the 2nd Gen, Fire TV Cube to no avail. Annoying, frustrating and a pure waste of time is an under statement.

If anyone has detailed instructions I would sure appreciate it. Thank You.

Hello @Anonymous you can do this without any ADB commands. You can do it right from inside the settings/storage are after inserting a USB drive. This is one of the benefits of the 2nd Gen Cube.

1 Like

Hi Troy,

After much frustration and time, I finally got it all set up. Thanks for your help.

1 Like