Fire toolbox for Fire Tablets

@Powerfader @TP-Dracoo thank you both. Lesson learned and hope everybody else learns from it. Great added advice that you guys are providing. Yes I can definitely sideload and again my issues, although small are still 1-3. But I’ll live with it. And hopefully fire tool box will be updated

2 Likes

One option you may still have at your disposal is to return the tablet and buy another, but this time make sure you uncheck the box for Amazon to link to your account! Then follow the instructions above on how to debloat and turn off auto update PRIOR to you connecting to your wifi!

I got lucky because I haven’t had any Amazon stuff for quite awhile and my wifi info has changed since I did have a stick many years ago. So I think what happened when I got my tablet I had already reviewed TP’s vid on the Toolbox and had it already downloaded, and the first thing I did was hook it up and debloated the tablet.

3 Likes

Thanks @Powerfader I’ve consider that. But I’ve put so much time, literally hours, making this tablet mine lol. I’ve sideloaded a ton of apps and just about all of them are working perfectly minus a few (but no big deal). I got a system where I just click the Nova launcher app and it goes right back to my current settings. If I can only get rid of the lock screen ad but again that’s not a big deal either. Only thing I can find is I can update it in my Amazon account settings but I have to pay the $15 to remove it. So I’ll live with it.

3 Likes

When I purchased my Amazon Fire 11 I did not check the box so if I download toolbox it’s not going to work because I didn’t check the box or it is going to work if I did check the box?

I just went to my Fire Tablet purchase on Amazon and they give u an option to derigester my tablet for a fee would this be sufficient to download toolbox without a problem. Also I have downloaded downloader and the play store but the apps are hit and miss. Downloader u can download some apps from different people some will work some won’t.

Just checked back and it doesn’t list my Fire Tablet 11 but just an old fire stick I purchased back in 2019