Fire stick keeps losing signal

I have a fire tv stick that keeps losing signal. It will work fine for a few minutes and the screen goes black and no signal pops up. I unplug it and it reboots. Could it be a problem with the HDMI. I’ve tried it on 2 different TV’s and have the same problem.

@acdean72

Switch out your hdmi cables, try again. Make sure the unit is using the power cable and oluged into the wall with the connector

1 Like

@TP-Dracoo . I changed the HDMI and it booted up. But now it’s frozen on the Amazon screen

Hi @acdean72
If you have tried @TP-Dracoo suggestion, and it didn’t fix your issue, might consider contact Amazon. Is it device the 4kMax? If so, You might have a defective device. Some on here who have the new 4k Max, have occasionally run into a defective device. Sorry you’re still having issues.
@Miki, heard of issues like this with this the 4k Max?

I’m not sure I can troublshoot this as there are to many unknowns. If you are on WiFi and keep dropping the connection I suspect interference. If you are close enough to your modem please try a direct ethernet connection. If that isn’t an option then try both the 2.4HHz and 5GHz band, and see if one gives a more stable connection than the other.

@Sbrowne126 . It’s just the standard firesticks. It hasn’t been used in a while. Maybe needing some updates installed. It actually belongs to a friend of mine and I was checking out for them

@Miki they wifi connection is good. It keeps losing the HDMI signal

That’s very odd. Are you using the hdmi extender that came with the firestick?

@Miki I used the HDMI extender at first and it would work for a while and then the screen would start saying no signal. When I tried it today without the extender it came on and was stuck on the Amazon screen.

Hey @acdean72 Sounds like you’ve tried it with & without the extender…& on different tvs…Dracoo mentioned to make sure it is plugged into a wall socket & not a tv usb port…you mentioned it is old & may be trying to update right out of the gate, which eats a whole lot of power when it goes hard on updates…so my suggestion would be to try another power adapter & cable plugged into a wall receptacle. If that doesn’t do anything…maybe the device has just seen its better days & is kaput.

1 Like

Can you tell me specifically which “Amazon” screen you are referring to please? lol @pangaeatech beat me to the punch. I’ve only seen this sort of behaviour on a stick that overheats, however, and this may sound odd, but have you tried putting new batteries in the remote? The stick can get “confused” if it can’t find the remote and has sent it a connection request and did not recieve a response, so it just waits.
But I suspect @TP-Dracoo is correct and @pangaeatech evaluation may also be spot on. Can you also let me know what version of FireTV OS you have?

1 Like

I can relate when I can’t find the remote :face_with_peeking_eye: :roll_eyes:

@acdean72

Here are my thoughts:

• Bad cable or connector
  • Bricked stick (malfunctioning)
  • Overheating
  • Not using the power adapter
  • Not getting enough amps
  • Bad plug
  • Bad hdmi port on tv
2 Likes

I’m with @TP-Dracoo on this one. I think chances are the stick’s electronics may have over heated one to many times and the stick is about ready to be laid to rest.

1 Like

Do a factory reset if you haven’t done one yet. Do you have another stick you can substitute into that system?

@Miki

It booted up this morning and started to install an update and lost the HDMI signal again. I have a mi tv box connected to the same tv without any issues

Ya that’s an older stick. @TP-Dracoo is right, may be time for a new one.

@Miki @TP-Dracoo thanks guys for your help. I just ordered a 4 k max stick today.:relaxed:

2 Likes

You won’t regret it. I do suggest adding some storage. When you get it I can walk you through the necessary settings to limit the Amazon ads etc. if you like. Just send me a PM. Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like