Fire Stick 4K Sound lagging behind

Hello! I am having an issue with the Amazon FireStick: when using Kodi streaming movies, the sound is lagging behind, yes, I keep adjusting the audio to the dialogue but within the same movie it has to be done multiple times and TBH it is very annoying. Once I go back to the firestick main screen, the sound is behind too! I thought it was because I had an old stick but i got the latest one and still doing the same.
I have also tried adjusting the audio on the tv itself but no luck, It is a LG OLED tv if that makes a difference.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated!
Thank you

Did you try this?

Audio through tv not a soundbar?

Hi! I did, but still doing the same :frowning:

Thats correct, I dont know what else to do :frowning:

Have a look see if there are any updates available to install if not ya could try reset to factory defaults, i know its a pain to put everything back on.

1 Like

Thanks! I will do it again, I got a second brand new stick from Amazon, if it doesnt work, I just have to accept there is something going on with Kodi and the stick that it is way beyong my IT skills :slight_smile:

Let us know how you get on.

Make sure video resolution is set to automatic in firestick display settings and match original frame rate is on.
Settings>display&audio>display

Download latest kodi as well.

In kodi Turn on adjust display refresh rate to always
Settings>player>videos - adjust display refresh rate

Try those things and report back.

1 Like

Have you got another TV to try it on, it could be something on the TV setup…?

2 Likes

Just a thought as I had the same problem: I reset my TV and fixed the communication problem. It’s amazing how I overlooked a simple reset. It was easy to do since I have all my apps on the Fire Stick. This is why Fire Stick dongles are the way to go. Also, if you need to reset the Fire Stick, having a smartphone with all your streaming apps signed in makes it fast and easy, with QR codes.

1 Like

welcome

1 Like

Thanks for the guidance, Tried the suggestion, when I watch anything on Kodi, still has the same sound lagging issues BUT at least I have to adjust it ONLY once instead every few min, I almost consider this as a win!

Completely agree, it is so much easier with QR codes. thank you

Im still baffled why its doing that. I would consider a factory reset.

I got from Amazon, two brand new fire sticks as I thought they might have been faulty, reinstalled the few apps i had on them including Kodi. It is so bizzare because all other apps like Netflix, Disney, etc work perfectly

Have you tried stremio? Thats a really good apk.