Fire Lockdown hysteria

Amazon Lockdown and the Sky is Falling!
Guys and gals, if Amazon wanted to lockdown Fire devices it would be done in seconds. They are doing nothing but controlling the environment that they own. You get a great and versatile device at an extremely reasonable price in exchange for living in their environment. If thats not your thing pick another device, but stop fretting over something that’s not going to happen.

7 Likes

I’ve been saying this since the frenzy began. I update my 4K Max whenever an update is available. I just added extra memory to my Max today and can have dozens of apps and still keep the stick with 2.5 GB free. I can’t get an Onn, and hated my KM2, so Amazon is what I’ve been dealing with for years. Other than “launchers” I haven’t seen any real impact to my streaming with their “new” policies. I’m rarely on the home screen so never see any of their supposed "advertising ". I have dusted off the KM2 and may give it a spin again, but only to see if it works better for my TiViMate.

1 Like

What issues are you having with Tivi mate? I just started using it a month ago and absolutely love it. I especially like the ability to backup the setup and share it across multiple sticks using Xplore.

1 Like

Umm no problems here with TiViMate. You ever need directions to settings etc. just txt me. I only use free playlists and EPGs, so if you need something just ask. Have a great day.

2 Likes

Indeed! said it elsewhere in a different thread. Amazon are just making changes that they feel are advantageous to their biz. In my opinion, the manufacturer who really ‘locks down’ their device restricting all user customisation, is the one who will see sales fall off a cliff. When there are more options than ever for streaming devices, do you really want to be the one who pulls themselves away from the customer base? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I have mentioned this already, its just related to custom launchers.

Thanks.

1 Like

Its all about personal choice. Pick what you like and go with it. I prefer stock android and more control where some love the amazon eco-system. To each his/her own. I love to listen to internet talk radio. IMHO amazon echos cant be beat but I know others that cant stand the echo. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I agree with you on Amazon. Try the Walmart ONN, it’s only 19.88.

UK based, we don’t have Walmart.

Can’t get ONN here in Mexico either, and we have Walmarts. Walmart U. S. will not ship internationally and to ship it via say DSL it’s $80. With exchange, taxes, import duties etc. It will cost me over $120 U. S. No tx. Hoping a friend will hrab one and throw it in their luggage.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, there must be some way the members can get the ONN.

Thank you it’s just the way it is in Mexico. Electronics cost almost double what they cost in the states. You get use to it. But thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.