FileSynced and VirusTotal

Hope this hasn’t been asked before as I couldn’t find any related post doing a search. I went to TP toolbox to install version 3.3 of FileSynced. Prior to install I ran VirusTotal and found “11 security vendors and no sandboxes flagged this file as malicious”. The file in question was listed as “pua.revproxy/linux”. I did a search for “sandboxes” and the file listed, pua.revproxy/linux (still don’t have a clue). I have to believe it’s safe to install as it came from TP but just wanted to ask. Thanks much.

Looks to me as its flagged due to its proxy usage and personally I would consider it a false flag. However I never use filesynced or any other service like this anymore except downloader. I prefer to go to the source, download the file, scan it and go from there.

3 Likes

Just checked this using Malwarebytes and it scanned clean.

1 Like

However I never use filesynced or any other service like this anymore except downloader. I prefer to go to the source, download the file, scan it and go from there

Amen!

The stuff in Troy’s Toolbox gets flagged as I believe Troy adds to, or modify’s, the code, to redirect from the TB to the site with the APK. I think I read that a while back on Troy’s main site.

1 Like

I just downloaded FileSynced from the troypoint Toolbox and virustotal shows it in red with “infected” in big red letters. I didn’t continue - any thoughts on this? I always assume the stuff in the toolbox is good to go…

How may strikes on it? Sometimes you can get a false positive with Virus Total. If you can post a screenshot of it.

Here is the screen shot immediately after downloading it from the Troypoint Toolbox.

I scanned this webpage with Virus total and it came up with 5 warnings just on the webpage. FileSynced | Easy File Sharing for Android and Amazon Devices

I would do an @TROYPOINT and ask him. He does have it in his Toolbox. So, I would imagine it is safe, but I would still ask him.

Here is a link to another webpage to download. I also, checked this page in Virus Total and is came up clean.

Download FileSynced Apk Latest Version Free

Thanks!

1 Like