Felony Streaming Act

Originally published at: Felony Streaming Bill

Press Release Thom Tillis (R-NC), Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Intellectual Property, released text of bipartisan legislation that would punish large-scale criminal streaming services that willfully and for commercial advantage or private financial gain offer to the public illicit services dedicated to illegally streaming copyrighted material. The Protecting Lawful Streaming Act would apply…

1 Like

I read it twice, sounds good on paper, yet when Hiromo and Blumenthal are involved and support it, I’m against it. Those two especially are the most pro big government, hypocritical, dishonest self absorbed weasels in Congress. If this passes there will be additional bills along these lines. I’m thinking the use of VPN will be criminal or they will create a VPN registration bureau. On line streaming for profit? What if they solicit donations and cloak themselves as a non profit org? This bill has nothing to do with Covid, unless there’s some buried provision that pays Hollywood because people couldn’t go to theaters because of Draconian lockdowns? This stinks like day old cat food. I would write to my Senator and Congressman but they are compromised and self serving also. Since there are bills already on the books on piracy, I’m concerned this may be the beginning of outlawing Troy, firesticks, boxes, etc. Noticed how many cable companies deferred monthly payments to their customers?

2 Likes