FCC Says No to Cable and Satellite Providers Hiding ‘Junk’ Fees; How Much Extra Are Cable Companies Charging?

1 Like

The fees I hate the most are the charges for things that I do not use such as the “sports fee” that I must pay even though we never watch any sports.

My Spectrum bill includes internet for $45 and cable TV for $45. $90 a month, as advertised. So how is my bill $150 a month (67% more than they advertise)? Two cable boxes ($12.99 each a month), “Broadcast TV Surcharge” ($25 a month), plus other junk fees and taxes ($10 a month)!

Before truly cutting the cord Spectrum was robbing me blind with Horrible internet, terrible TV packages, and so many BS Fees. Probably close to $200/Month. Now I have so much more content and much better and faster Internet than before at about $65/month

AT&T Fiber 300GB - $55/month
IPTV with Movies/Shows - $7.99/month
Real Debrid - $2.90/Month
KODI - No Charge!

No other Taxes or hidden Fees Here

I’ve had Spectrum or its predecessors for almost 30 years. We live in a no-OTA reception area, unfortunately. I tried Google Fiber for 6 months but, alas, no local broadcast TV (which SWMBO wants) so the next time Spectrum offered a “deal” we reluctantly took it.

At my other location, we get all of the local broadcast TV stations with a Channel Master 8 bay bowtie antenna and an Amazon Recast DVR/WiFi server so we’re good there.