Fake Antivirus and Cleaner Apps Caught Installing SharkBot Android Banking Trojan

Fake Antivirus and Cleaner Apps Caught Installing SharkBot Android Banking Trojan

5 Likes

Nice never know what is safe any more! A place like playstore that a lot of people think is so safe is not as they say buyer beware. Thanks Ron good info as usual :v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks for this. Like I’ve said before it helps keep people aware. I personally would never download a “free” type app like that nor many others.

5 Likes

What’s more scary is that this is an on going thing and happens without you knowing about it. So many of them. This is why i tell people stick to a good one.

3 Likes

Thanks for watching our backs Ron! We should unite not try to tear the world apart, What a waste of effort.

3 Likes

Exactly and ongoing education along with these warnings from members hopefully keep people from being complacent and “see a good thing get a good thing” let’s try this mood

1 Like

This is the reason I never ever sign into play store/ Google account . When I customize a box I obviously have to log in with my credentials but as soon as the Downloader app is installed I sign out of Google/ play store . I certainly hope that no one is doing banking on their streaming device . As for cleaner apps I never use them on my boxes. I do all of the cleaning manually. It’s easy. I see a lot of these cleaner apps that have a " force close apps" option . After you do a run you go into settings to discover that the apps are still running in the background :joy::person_facepalming: I don’t trust them . :pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

3 Likes

Another reason NOT to do personal banking on a cellphone (android or other)! Having said that, some financial apps don’t give you a choice (eg CashApp).

3 Likes

Juat have to get these banking apps from legitimate Sources.

Just be careful.

2 Likes

OMG…banking from your streaming device???..a BIG NONO :eyes: :man_facepalming:

I ALWAYS have my VPN ON whenever i HAVE to use my phone for ANY reason when i am NOT at home…sometimes…you have no choice but to use banking apps on mobile like CashApp on the go…

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.