External Storage - A predictor of fate?

For all the pro’s who have been predicting the imminent demise of the Firestick by taking content control away from the “stick” owner, here is one more bit of evidence. Yesterday, I got a message from Amazon indicating that the Firestick would no longer recognize content from external storage, and that I had to “format” the USB drive. Of course, the flash drive had already been formatted or I wouldn’t have been able to use the external storage in the first place. This all happen after I completed the last update. So, if you haven’t completed the last update, it seems advisable not to. Oh, and just to make the situation a little more egregious, when I tried to follow the format instructions, Amazon booted me and said I had no recognizable external storage.

1 Like

@Herm

Thanks for being a patron.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Also older sticks struggle with expanded storage.

1 Like

TP- Draco, thanks for sharing all the relevant Troypoint guidelines. I’ll go through all of those and see if I can’t resolve the external memory issues. I appreciate your taking the time to put all that together. I have the Firestick 0s7, so I think it must be something else besides “stick” antiquity causing the problem. Anyway, thanks again for putting all the info together.

1 Like

@Herm

I put it together from the main site to make all the info easier to access for everyone. I hope their ks a fix for you, but my understanding is non max products have issues with expandable storage.

many of the external issue problems are actually a android issue rather than a firestick issue. In a recent android upgrade they decided to consider external as or the same as internal storage.

2 Likes

The [Fire TV Stick 4K], while it does support external USB devices to some extent, does not currently support moving apps to external storage

I use xplore to move apps between the USB and internal storage. You have to move apps to internal to update. This is on OS6.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.