External SSD, Top brands? High read write?

Curious to see what you guys think on this. I’m buying a few SSD externals and so far the read write speed is impressive on a few of them, SanDisk and Samsung seem to hold up. I have about 600 gigs of games to move over off my main m.2 drives and internal ssd, what are your thoughts on good SSD? im looking at high read/write and 1TB of space for a reasonable price. I have 3 saved in my cart currently.

I’m also looking at WD My book. So far only seeing 1050/2000 top speed. WD has always been my go to.

I love my T7. Works great on my Shield.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-t7-500gb-external-usb-3-2-gen-2-portable-ssd-with-hardware-encryption-indigo-blue/6408298.p?skuId=6408298

2 Likes

I was looking into that, Im torn between that and sandisk, WD owns Sandisk.

The T7 looks nice but hard to go wrong with either

SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable 1TB External USB-C NVMe SSD SDSSDE81-1T00-G25 - Best Buy

This one is more of a portable version, but fast read/write speeds.

2 Likes

That’s the one I use on one of my setups.

Thanks guys, i have ordered a SanDisk for now, May get me a backup WD tower later on.

1 Like

Did you have to format it to Fat 32?

WD_BLACK SN850X | 1TB | PCIe 4.0 | 7,300MB/s read | 6,300MB/s writes |

2 Likes

I’d steer clear of Western Digital boxes. They used to be my go-to also, until the security debacle with the MyBook and MyCloud series. While the issue was primarily with network connected devices, their total lack of consumer support when they discovered the problem was unconscionable.

1 Like

Im not interested in cloud service. Wd has been a top tier device for a long time. Thoee things rarely ever break. Best in class for hdd before ssd came out.

Im not worried about security as i run encryption protocols on my pc with sensitive data that stays away from internet connectivity. But i understand where you are coming from. Thank you for letting me know. I have heard about this.

Sabrent Rocket ssd’s are ranked very well in speed and price.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.