Expressvpn and fubotv

Hi I was wondering if someone can answer this question. I’m using expressvpn and for the last month have been subscribing to fubotv. Expressvpn has a Tampa location that you can connect to. I live 50 miles south of Tampa. When I open up the fubotv app it does not show me the local channels, abc, NBC, CBS or Fox. I believe it shows new york. Any idea when connected to the Tampa server why this is happening? A workaround that I found is to use the split tunneling app in expressvpn and then I get the local Tampa affiliates. I’m wondering why I don’t get the Tampa channels when I’m connected to the expressvpn Tampa server. Thanks so much. Sincerely, HAL

I believe it’s location and the zip code you sign up with

1 Like

I do know that fubo does not allow vpn’s. Ive spent time on the phone with them. So…if you get it to work at all consider yourself lucky. I dont use fubo only used it for a trial.

2 Likes

I tried fubo trial one time on a second generation fire stick and I got nothing but buffering. I had 25 mbps.

1 Like

If you have a smart tv, you might try installing Fubo tv app if your tv’s App Store has it. Then use it without a vpn or your android tv box since you have to pay for Fubo anyway. That will probably solve your problem.

1 Like

I also tried the fubo on my wife’s Smart TV but her TV is over 8 years old and I try to update her TV to accept the fubo app but that didn’t work. I used fire stick and still a lot of buffing on her tv. Now this was approximately 18 months ago, since then I’ve gotten a fire stick max, TV mate and a paid IPTV service.

in my testing as far as main stream sites go Ive always found slingTV to be the one to buffer least. I was able to get good service with 4-6 mbs and generally only buffer was on start.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.