Experience With AT&T Fiber?

Hi everybody. I have to change internet providers and my inly option is ATT fiber. Anybody have any experience with them? They only offer 25 mbps and I stream quite a bit-with Troypoint’s help of course. But I only use one TV at a time so would that be a problem? Thank you!

Fiber optic internet at only 25 Mbps? Sounds more like DSL . I’d take a hard pass on that one.

1 Like

I agree with PP. 25Mbps down with the best delivery method, fiber optic, is a waste of time and resources. Also a hard pass

If thats all you are offered You should be fine with only one device streaming. As the others said that sounds strange speed for fiber. I hope its cheap.

2 Likes

I’ve had AT&T fiber for five years. In my area, their smallest fiber package is 100 Mbs, which I have. The modem malfunctioned a few years back and they sent me another. Other than that, no problems and reliable speeds.

Edit: Could you be thinking of their FTTN (Fiber to the Node) services, which was introduced in my area in 2010 as U-Verse. They had a fiber node with a cat5 line carrying the service to your home. It was limited to 1/2 mile from the node.

I inquired with AT&T about fiber. They sent me a can of metamucil.

1 Like