Expanding Internal Storage on Firestick

The link below the YT video is for a SanDisk 256GB Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ48-256G-U46 Black old generation. There Amazon listing gives options for either old generation and new generation with no explanation for the differences. I contacted SanDisk. They said there is no such thing and had no idea what I was talking about. I contacted the Amazon seller who asked, What do you mean old generation and new generation? Customer Q&As are mostly guesses and basically useless. I’ve done an internet search and a YT search and come up empty. Does anyone know what the actual differences are and which is preferable for the purpose of expanding internal storage on a firestick?

I dont understand the whole investigation…
I said yesterday it was probly way too big but it’ll work

1 Like

That was not today’s question. I’m asking about the difference betweeen old generation and new generation not about size.

I hear ya… sorry i was just bein silly… so your lookin for flashdrive gen info… cool

1 Like

The following is a quote from ATVNEWS.

Both the Fire TV Stick 4K Max and the Fire TV Stick 4K come with only 8 GB of internal storage. Not increasing the internal storage of the Fire TV Stick 4K Max is easily the most disappointing aspect of the new model, as many people have pointed out. That said, the Fire TV Stick 4K Max does natively support external storage. What that means is if you connect a USB flash drive to the Fire TV Stick 4K Max using an OTG cable, you’ll be able to move some apps off of the internal storage and onto the USB drive. With the Fire TV Stick 4K, connecting a USB drive doesn’t give you the same option by default, but it is technically possible to hack your way to the same functionality if you’re comfortable making changes like that. Having it just work on its own with the Fire TV Stick 4K Max is definitely much easier.

3 Likes

sup Miki…

But some 4k’s have ability to format a drive to intrnl

1 Like

I think they all do. The way I interpreted that quote was that you could do it on the older 4K but it takes some effort where as the Max is quite easy to do.

2 Likes

Gotcha…

The 7’s have the format/eject…
The 6’s dont…
DK about the 5’s

sk

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.