Expanding firestick with flash drive

If you expand your firestick with a flashdrive and set it up to internal storage , can you then have your recordings from an iptv service available for viewing later

2 Likes

No. Format to internal for apps and external for recordings.

1 Like

So when you record a show or movie from an iptv service it will go to the external portion of the usb drive

On the 4k Max I’ve not seen any way to format the USB as part internal and part external. It’s either all external or all internal. As usual Amazon only gives you just so much and not the full enchilada.

2 Likes

@agn

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Keep that discussion here please

I think this can’t be emphasized enough. I downloaded a fresh up to date version of my IPTV service and it automatically put it on the external drive. I started getting buffering bad. Took me a while to realize I needed to put the app on the internal memory.

Yes, any 3rd party apps will automatically be installed onto the USB Drive, if the app is coded to allow it. Only “Amazon” apps will be directly installed onto the Firestick. This is why it’s been stated, many times, that you should run your “main” streaming apps like TiViMate and Stremio off the firestick, in order to utilize the fastest Data transfer speeds possible. Also before streaming say a 4K “large” file you should clear the cache on your player and “app” as well as run Fast Task Killer. This will ensure that your app/player is “fresh” and you have as much RAM free as possible for playback.

2 Likes

Yes and I found moving it back to internal memory was pretty easy and intuitive (on Android Tv device anyway).

It’s very easy. Doesn’t take long.

Why is it that my Android TV device ($20 Dynalink from Walmart) is better than any Fire device I’ve had (I’ve had them all)? No bloatware I know, but also download speeds are twice the Fire device’s speeds with VPN (IPVanish).

Must have had some bad luck. My 4K Max out performs an ONN any day. Love AmazonTV. AndroidTV not so much. Google is getting on board with bloatware as well. Never heard of many or any people that have a Dynalink and I don’t have any experience with one. So many choices out there, one will be right for every person.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.