ES File Explorer File Manage ate my USB drive

Thanks Sketch, it does answer some quetions I had. Thats my next experiment.

1 Like

@Miki Miki, you have got me thinking. Given your analogy, it sounds like you would advise that my IPTV, TiviMate & Surfshark should be on the internal drive as well as Syncler?

The external drive should be for my other APKs (Dot, Analiti, RAI & Downloader, Fast Task Killer) AND recordings?

I had thought that no matter how large the USB (mine is 128 GB) F32 only records a set, relatively small amount of GBs. Correct? My concern is that between bloatware and leftover bits of “stuff” in the caches (despite regular cleaning), the internal Cube storage would be depleted. I guess I am about to find out.

You mention ES File Explorer (I know some prefer X-Plore). I’m off now through the stacks to find a video for how to set up recordings on TiviMate to save to my F32, 128 GB USB.

Put must important apps on internal drive. Record to an external drive formatted to ntfs* . I prefer a ssd external 3.0 usb or better…its all about speed. Good transfer rates will result in better recordings and less hassle.

Looking under Troypoint’s page and searching “recording tivimate” brings up a tutorial for saving recordings to his Windows PC. This is going to be impossible for me to follow because I am on a Mac, adding yet another layer to this complicated process. I am pretty sure I be able to record to external sandisk? I will start searching Insider, but the keywords I use, sound correct but after reading the discussions, it often doesn’t get to my question. I know the information is out there because I tried to do this before. I’d appreciate if anyone can provide a link as I am off searching. thx

Nevermind. Searched around until I found a folder. I suppose the problem is instruction video is older than the latest X-plore version.

Finally found an old Troypoint recording that combined how to record from TiviMate to the USB via X-plore and via computer and Plex. The later two, too complex for me. At least today. BUT, I’ve solved my problem. Now I am curious as to how much recording time I will have on my external storage. AND I don’t have to worry about bloatware eating up all storage on my cube. AND as @Miki and @TXRon pointed out, I am not loosing power by having frequently used Apps on my external drive.

2 Likes

@denadavidson99

Did you get things working?

I did! The hardest part was finding the right video. Not much to be done about that though. Once I found it I set things up in X-plore. No more saving onto my cube. Thanks for asking!

2 Likes