Elementum Kodi Addon Burst Error

Followed the newest TP video to install Elementum, but continually getting error that Burst wasn’t installed. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling Burst and Elementum in different order without success. Wondering if there is a setting I’m missing with one/both. TIA for any help!

Hello, assuming that you restarted Kodi as well after installing?

Also, you can install Burst manually once you have installed the Elementum repo. Just go into Settings/Addons/Install from Repository/Elementum/ I think it is under Program Files but not sure, doing this from memory as out of town. It’s available in one of those categories though.

Yes I believe I did that in the order you mentioned. I will delete both elementum and burst and reinstall using the repro in this order.
-install elementum
-quit/restart kodi
-manually install burst
-quit/restart kodi

and will report back.

Well I tried from scratch.
Uninstalled both Elementum and Burst
Restarted Kodi (including force stop and clear cache)
Reinstalled the repro from the .zip file
Installed Elementum
Restarted Kodi as above
Installed Burst from repro
Restarted Kodi as above

Got the same error. I should say I’m running the most current stable build of Kodi on a new Fire TV Cube (less than a yr old)

I’m having the same issue… also did a complete uninstall (including Kodi) and
started from scratch following the TroyPoint installation video closely…
Still the same error message “Elementum Bust failed to install”

I can’t get the Elementum Burst Addon to install. Anyone else have this problem?

I installed diggz burst build , which uses elementum, each time i pick a movie ,kodi closes n sends me to am home screen , anybody help w/ this ?

Geez this looks like a lot of work just to get a KODI Addon to install. They all basically carry the same streams especially if using RD. When I’ve had issues with an Addon I simply move on from that Addon and install one that is working and has no issues. I suggest the Crew or 9Lives. Both have been working flawlessly for months without multiple pieces to install as this sounds like

Mark,
I think that the idea was to give Kodi users an option that doesn’t require a debrid service.

Basically it streams directly from a torrent provider while smoothing out buffering by using a fair amount of caching during the stream.

Ahh okay thanks for letting me know. I was wondering why the installation process was different than most of the other Addons. Hopefully it works and the Dev maintains it but RD is really the way to go with KODI.

1 Like

I agree with you, but some people are afraid or too cheap to buy RD.

1 Like

just downloaded Elementum as per Troy’s video and it works great. I followed the steps in the video and had to back up a couple of times, but it turned out good

Have a similar? problem with Elementum Burst - downloaded it multiple times now and each time i try to play a movie it comes back with the same message ‘Playback failed - one or more items failed to play.Check the logfor more information about this message .’
I have tried old movies and new box office movies and even the movie Troy suggests during the instruction video - still the same result.
Can somebody throw me a bone here please ?
Thnks

Yeah, pay the few dollars it cost and get a Real Debrid Subscription. It’s well worth it

You are fortunate… I’ve tried multiple times and it still is giving me a Burst install error…
So I have basically given up until someone knows the fix…

Has anyone made any progress with this yet?

I was able to successfully install this add on when TP first came out with this article. It was on a 2022 4k max with the latest stable version of Kodi / The Crew Nique build.

I just tried installing it on a new 2023 4k max with the same build, and it installed Elementum, but I get the Burst error and when I start the Elementum app, it gives an error of no links found unable to find any providers.

Please advise …

I have added some additional information to TP’s instructions that I feel were either not listed or not understood by many people, as this installation is a bit more tedious than most.

Turn off your vpn during the installation process or else it will not work.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Elementum Repository may not download properly if you have your VPN turned on. If you have problems, turn off your VPN before installing via Downloader and then turn it back on prior to using the addon.

Open Downloader.

Type the Downloader Code 444801 for the Elementum Repository and click Go.

The downloaded zip file should be mgcjn5.zip

Click “Done” (not open or delete) and exit Downloader.

Go to Manage Apps and make sure that Kodi’s Permissions are set to Storage , All Files.

Open Kodi.

• Select File Manager.
  • Click Add source.
  • Click Browse.
  • Choose External Storage.
  • If using a Firestick or Fire TV device, select the Downloader folder
  • If using an Android TV/Google TV device, select the Download folder and then select the Downloader folder.
  • Click OK.
  • Click OK again.
  • Return to Kodi Systems page and select Add-ons.
  • Choose Install from zip file.
  • Click Downloader. Select the previously downloaded zip file which should be mgcjn5.zip file
  • You will then encounter ElementumOrg repository Add-on installed message.
  • Click Install from repository.
  • Choose ElementumOrg repository.
  • Select Video add-ons.
  • Click Elementum.
  • Click Install.
  • Wait for the Elementum success message to appear.
  • Either wait a minute for the prompt or click the back button on your remote a couple of times, or launch the Elementum app. At some point, you will then be prompted to install the Burst Provider for Elementum. Click Yes.
  • You will then see Elementum Installation successful message in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you do not get the prompt to install Burst, force close Kodi and re-launch the app.

Reminder, the vpn should be off this entire time until Elementum is fully installed. Once you think you have installed it successfully, open the app, and see if any links populate, if they don’t then somethings wrong.

Finally, force close the app, turn on your VPN and relaunch, and you should be good to go.

1 Like

I ran into a similar issue getting Elementum Burst working with Kodi 20.3 on MacOS Ventura 13.3.1.

It turns out the issue was related to Service settings > Control > Allow remote control from applications on other systems (tcp/9090) already in use by another, unrelated service and failing to start.

After reconfiguring the unrelated service to use tcp/9999, Elementum Burst started up and worked as expected.

I do not know what I’d do without you wonderful peeps man.
1 hr troubleshooting and here’s why. I installed Elementum in my Onn Box with the VPN on with no issues.
Building my Dads Onn and I could not get Elementum installed…
Finally at my wits ends come here & lo and behold I find it’s as simple as disconnecting a VPN…

Well, one thing is for sure. It’s always a learning experience for big dummies.

Thank You Magnus KUDOS…

2 Likes