Eero pro 6 and Nvidia shield

I just switched Internet plans and an eero pro six Router was part of the package all of my devices are working great and I am getting all the Internet speed I was promised ,but my Nvidia shield and tube Seem to be having connection issues and sometimes will lose the Internet I’m not sure if it is the shield or the router, But I am both thinking it is on the Nvidia side because all other devices work great any help would be appreciated

@Boligee

Hi Boligee. I’m not Nvidia Shield Expert but this what I found from Nvidia Shield Support page. From those steps you can try to fix this problem. Also from the link below scroll down for extra info.

NETWORKING ISSUES
My SHIELD won’t connect to Wi-Fi.

Here are some troubleshooting steps if your SHIELD won’t connect to the Internet.

If your Wi-Fi network appears on the SHIELD

If you see your Wi-Fi network listed but can’t connect, try the following:

Ensure that your SHIELD is not connected to your network via Ethernet. An Ethernet connection automatically disables Wi-Fi networking.

Make sure you’re using the correct network password.

Restart your SHIELD.

Check if other devices can connect to the Wi-Fi network you’re using. If not, there may be an issue with the router.

If your router is having issues in general, update your router firmware.

If you’re using a Wi-Fi network at a business, hotel, or school, you may have trouble connecting. Networks at these locations don’t always work with SHIELD. Contact the people in charge of the Wi-Fi network for assistance.

If your Wi-Fi network does not appear on the SHIELD

If you don’t see your Wi-Fi network listed, your network name (SSID) may be hidden.

NOTE: If you are setting up your SHIELD for the first time, when you get to the Wi-Fi network as part of on-screen setup, start at Step 4 below.

Here’s how to add a hidden network:

From your SHIELD Home screen, select Network Settings.

Select Wi-Fi.

Find or select Add new network.

Enter the network name (SSID) and other security details, if needed.

My SHIELD won’t connect to Ethernet.

Here are some troubleshooting steps if your SHIELD won’t connect to the Internet.

On your SHIELD Home screen, check that the Network Settings Ethernet symbol displays:

Check that your Ethernet cable is connected from your SHIELD to your router or Ethernet port.

Nvidia Shield Support

If above steps didn’t solve this issue pls post your comment.

I am not sure if you have this option, but have you tried ethernet? The following article resolved the WiFi issue for lots of Shield owners when other solutions failed. There are articles for the shield regarding WiFi issues. Lots to read and try.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/278892/wifi-dropping-with-shield/

1 Like

Adding new network (Even though you’re actually using your old one), And restarting Wi-Fi on the shield worked(found on Reddit) Apparently even though Shield recognizes The network from your old router you still have to add a new network when you start using the new router even though the password is still the same.

@Boligee

Will it could be, it’s good thing to try @Miki has also an excellent link to check. Give it try it’s not a bad think to check and let us know. :pray:

1 Like