DuckDuckGo Is Taking Its Privacy Fight to Data Brokers

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t read that article as I have an overlay requesting payment before proceeding.

2 Likes

Wow I wonder why you are blocked? Maybe a Canadien thing?

no doubt and that’s even with an active ad blocker

could be some script blocking you

Pretty odd. So you don’t get that when clicking on the link? Hmmm. I’ll see if I can find the data for that popup and clear it

Nope. But I do run blockers for scripts on pages and often forget as its automated.

Even happens for me going through my browsers. It’s a site popup. Oh well. That’s a first.
Turns out it’s a java script. I turned off java script from loading and reading the article now. :+1:
Another monthly fee though.

$10.00 a month. Pass.

1 Like

Hey Miki it came up for me on my phone no problems reading

Same here

It’s a paywall. There are some free paywall removal apps out there that automatically remove a paywall when it pops up. Google “paywall remover” or “paywall bypass”and pick one. One that works most the time is: https://12ft.io/

If you have an iPhone it has its own paywall removal. Click the two “Aas” on the left in the URL address window and click “show reader”. It doesn’t bypass all paywalls but it will 95% of the time.

Now Duck Duck Go Go. About three or four years ago it announced that it would be selling your information like Google does. It took a lot of heat. At one point it denied that until I sent them their tweet and tons of my followers retweeted that. The next two or three years it was silent on the subject. Now suddenly they are proclaiming they are the guards of browser privacy. Now, they may have lost a bunch of users and they may have seen the light but until I see something convincing, or someone knows for sure they’ve seen the light, I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw a 50 gallon barrel of set concrete, but I’m open to any new information.

1 Like