Downloader for Chromebook

Good day

I have a new-ish Chromebook (Version 109.0.5414.125 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and when i went looking for the Downloader, there is a note that indicates that DL is not compatible with the CB.

I did a cursory search here and didn’t find anything.

Do you have any suggestions??

Thank you

First check if there are any updates for your Chromebook.

I can’t download apps from the Play Store on my Chromebook | Official Support | ASUS UK

1 Like

Power

Thanks but there aren’t any.

It appears that it is a compatibility issue and not a version/update issue.

Playstore and, if i remember correctly, the Downloader Author Site report that DL is not compatible.

Steve

Most new chromebooks comming out are now compatible with android apps, but not all. Android is gaining in popularity and I chose a android tablet over the chromebook (at least for now). Im waiting on the 2023 google pixelbook pricing before my next move :grimacing:

You can try the Send Anywhere app…if you are able to download it on your chromebook…go ahead & do it…& then download it on your device…send the Downloader app to the chromebook from your device. This obviously would all be predicated on compatibility…as Ron just eluded to. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Worth a shot. I have done that with some apps that weren’t necessarily compatible with Nvidia.

1 Like

wow

what a ‘left handed reach around…’.

i have the APK in Send Anywhere now. The new wrinkle is that to install DL’er, I have to ‘Turn on Chrome OS Developer Mode to install apps from sources other then the Play Store…’.

This will do a Power Wash. This will take a little more effort than have right now…

If there aren’t any other thoughts, I appreciate your help to this point…
S

Copy that…didn’t even think about having to do that…but makes sense…we have to do the same on our streaming devices…so…

Anyway…it was a shot…sorry

Read these links first!

How to turn on ChromeOS developer mode on your Chromebook (xda-developers.com)

How to enable Developer Mode on your Chromebook (androidpolice.com)

1 Like

I’m reading factory reset in both of em…bummer :confused:

About the only thing these dev controls are good for is the developer.

1 Like

yes - i saw that also
looks like a reset is in my future…

this is the link that i saw earlier today - it has approximately the same date from 2022 so it is recent…

S

I’m not a tablet guy…but it seems kinda’ harsh to have to reset like that…guess it depends on what/how you want to use it…whatever you decide…good luck :+1: :cowboy_hat_face:

NP pangeatech

if i remember correctly, on a CB Site somebody asked if he could turn off the automatic updates. he got flamed…

guess the CB’s revolve around strong security which goes hand in hand with the updates. some told the OP to get a different platform…

again guys - thanks for the help…
S

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.