Downloader defaulting to "Aftv News" screen

Hi. I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but it’s something that I feel needs to be resolved.

I’m using a new Firestick 4k max, and of course, I’ve been using Downloader to sideload various items, especially those from the “Troypoint Toolbox”.

The problem I’m constantly running into, begins when I to download and install, I get to the point where the installation is complete, and I’m ready to select “Done” to take me back to the Downloader home screen. When I do select “Done” and expect to go back to the homepage and want to delete the installation file, most of the time, I’m not getting that option. Instead, it defaults back to the AFTV homepage, with a “Status” box, scrolling to load the page. The only option then is to click on “Cancel” to stop it. At that point, you are back to the AFTV homepage. Also, every time I open “Downloder”, it’s defaulted to the AFTV page. Then, to try and download/sideload something else, you have to go to and click on the command bar to open up the keyboard, where you must click “Clear” to remove the AFTV URL, before you ca enter anything else.

It’s pretty annoying, especially since you are unable to delete all those installation files, which then sit there taking up space.

Something to look into??

Cheers!

If you’re doing this in Kodi, instead delete the app and start from scratch. Open a browser and go to

And install it from there.

also go to files in the menu you can delete files from there

1 Like

Exactly.

Thanks for the reply, but no, I’m not using it in Kodi. I’m using it from the Downloader app itself, which I have sitting in my main menu on my Firestick 4k max main screen.

it nearly always goes to aft then redirects to site you wanted

Ever thought about just using the Silk browser which is optimized for the Fire OS and allowing install of 3rd party apps. I can’t duplicate your issue so no idea where to start. Also that was an old issue that I thought had been resolved, but if you hit cancel and wait for the AFTVnews home page to load then go to files, in the left menu, you can click there and then delete the APK file from there. You can also install X-plore and delete the APK from in that app.

Yesterday I utilized the downloader had no issues with it.