Downloader App Compatibility

Over the last two weeks I have not been able to download the Downloader app onto my Samsung Galaxy S23Ultra. Prior to the last time it was removed by Google play store it was working fine and accessible. I’m posting this because I have tried everything I know and been advised and it’s as though the last update on my phone has rendered it useless. Everything is set up correct as I have exhausted all the info I can get to resolve this issue even contacting the Dev but it still refuses to download onto my phone. I have included a screenshot for yaal to see. The message I get on my phone is that the app is not compatible with my phone. Has anyone else had this message and what did you do. Do you have an S23 Ultra and the current Downloader app if so please share. I’m certain that I’m not alone I just think no one has mentioned this issue yet

I dont really use downloader for my phone as you can just use your browser to download things. Essential on android boxes etc.

2 Likes

Google is your friend.:grinning::pray:t2:

Strange but when trying to download app from uptodown ,it says app is invalid and won’t download it. Something is either wrong with my phone or the recent update is preventing the download of certain third party apps

Have you checked on your phone settings " allow from unknown etc"

I have just downloaded it twice from that site. And it installs on my S21Fe

2 Likes

Phone setting> security and privacy> install from inknown sources. And check that your browser is enabled.

https://troypoint.com/dl

1 Like

I have tried that. Still no Joy :roll_eyes:

Try sending a working app from one phone or tablet to your S23 Ultra. You can use the Send Anywhere app to facilitate the sending.

OK I’ll give it bash. Thanks

You are NOT alone.
My Google Pixel 7 Pro just gave me the same “NO LONGER COMPATIBLE” message for KODI following a recent Android update.

I Knew it! I think Android are trying to stop everyone from streaming illegaly so they are putting some code into updates that are stopping third party apps from working. It makes sense we all have a good thing going. One day it will stop. I really hope I’m wrong though. We can’t be the only ones this has happened too. I hope others see my post and speak up

Ya. My Pixel tab got updated to Android 14 and quite a few apps no longer can be installed. The dreaded not compatible.

And you all thought Amazon was evil. Switch to Android they say.

Not me. I invested way to much time in the Fire OS architecture. Been waiting for 8 to get a good shake down before getting the latest stick.

Just downloaded this onto my Samsung s21 fe;

Downloads and installs

1 Like

I have it installed on my Pixel Tab but I’d have to see which one I have. Mine is 1.4.5 for GoogleAndroidTV.

My download is 1.4.4

I had an odd thing happen too me with Downloader…

I downloaded the APK, installed it. But I could not give permission to do anything. Because it said “no permissions Required”. I tried everything and still nothing. I contacted the developer, but they never got back with me, I waited a few days, I uninstalled then, reinstalled and walla. Permissions are back and everything works. I like to test thing out on my phone before putting on my Android TV box.