Download/upload Speeds required for sports sites

I have downloaded some of the sports sites to both my iPad and FireTv. I cannot get them to play live sports (particularly golf) but they will play taped information that is on the sites. I do not know if it is my downloading problem or a device setting. Any thoughts appreciated

I use the silk browser on my Firestick 4K Max and have 6 sites bookmarked, all of which play sports perfectly. It’s my opinion, contrary to what supposed experts say, that you need 30-35 MBps down in order to have a quality and trouble free streaming experience, but I don’t depend solely on the Silk browser, I also use Ola TV and the Mad Titan sports addon in Kodi matrix 19.4 to get sports. Troy has a page listing free sports sites, and has tutorials on reducing buffering which plagues many users. Reading and watching the stuff he provides is an excellent way to find little secrets and clues about how to get quality streams. Unfortunately while many may sympathize with your troubles, there is very little any of us can do to directly help you as we need to be on your system, know it’s configuration and if you have it optimized. Are you using a VPN? Have you tested protocols and ports? Have you tested an ethernet connection vs wifi? What about switching from the 2.4GHz band to the 5GHz? Is your channel getting interference from overlapping outside signals? As you can see these are questions and things only you can answer and try resolving. It’s a learning curve and Troypoint is an excellent resource.

2 Likes

Hey @FourKyxx What app are you using to watch golf? As long as it’s a free app I’ll give it a shot & see if it works with my setup…I think the ladies are still teeing it up out in LA…on golf channel :golf: :golfing_woman: