Disney+ stopped streaming on any of my Nvidia devices

Also try using your browser to access the Disney+ site with your vpn on and then access their content.

Sounds like a Modded apk so won’t update.

Excellent idea, but he said he was a paid subscriber so I think it’s a legit copy.

It sounds just like Tea tv or Bee modded apks, can’t update. But yes it’s paid so doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Exactly. I’ve heard people complain about their apps not updating all the time. Turns out they have a modded version.

2 Likes

I have installed the latest Disney+ app from Google now, and it keeps saying “update”, and I tried the browser suggestion and it didn’t work, all this on Nvidia, but the same app is streaming smoothly from behind the same VPN on Apple TV (sorry that I omitted that in my previous posts)

You have the same app running on an android device and an apple device?

Yes, but I use it only on Nvidia, but when the problem happened I opened the Apple TV app and it streamed flawlessly, still in my TV room I use the Nvidia and I use an Apple device (iPad for example) in other places in the house, but never at the same rime, also when traveling I take my Nvidia with me, and it used to work flawlessly but from behind a VPN US sever.

Boy I’m stumped. @TXRon is the Shield guru, maybe he can shed some light on it. Don’t know if you’ve done maintenance on the Shield? Clear cache and what not?

I agree with @TP-Dracoo …Now days most paid apps block known vpn connections. Only thing I can say is keep swapping servers and maybe get lucky the ip of a vpn is not detected(yet). Router options would be dns swapping on vpn’s.

Yes, I’ve done that but it didn’t solve the problem

Thank you for your participation, I’ll keep crossing my fingers and trying.

1 Like

I have to ask because you didn’t mention turning it off. Have you tried updating the Disney+ app with your VPN turned off, and then leaving the VPN off when trying to open and use the Disney+ app? In other words, try everything that has to do with Disney+ with your VPN off. If it asks to update again, still leave the VPN off and update?

1 Like

Haven’t done it yet, will try it tomorrow and tell you about the outcome, thank you all.

1 Like

Where did you originally download the Disney+ app from?

From Google store, than deleted it and dowloaded it again from Downloader, the apk from each gave me the same result.

1 Like

You never mentioned which VPN you are using. SS, Nord and Express even have an ad referencing D+. Not all VPNs will work with Disney+, as the platform employs detection measures to block VPN traffic. Although, many top providers find ways to bypass these restrictions. You can try the free version of Proton VPN and test just to see. I believe Proton is also owned by Nord?

Here is an aritcle offering advice about streaming D+ while using a VPN in a different country.

Disney Plus Not Working with VPN? Here’s How To Fix it (vpnranks.com)

Stream Disney Plus safely with a VPN in 2023 - Surfshark

1 Like

No, it didn’t solve the problem.

Express, and I haven’t encountered any reference on their site to Disney+

2 Likes