DISH Has a New Plan to Stop IPTV Piracy & Wins a U.S. Patent to Do Just That

DISH Has a New Plan to Stop IPTV Piracy & Wins a U.S. Patent to Do Just That | Cord Cutters News

1 Like

Boo!

20 character BS

squirrelscream-shocked

1 Like

Is there EVER any good news in the morning? LOL
Thanks for posting the info TXRon, it’s interesting.

1 Like

wonder how long it will take for someone to crack it not long i think

That’s what they said about the P4 card. :frowning_face:

And Nagra 3(?) back in the satellite days.

Charlie’s assumption is that if the ‘pirated’ services are shut down, the number of Dish or other pay TV customers of verified services will increase. That may be somewhat of a good assumption. But my somewhat informed opinion is that the number of users of unverified pay TV is relatively small compared to the other customers, because most people aren’t willing to jump through even the easiest of hoops.

1 Like

We see from the article that Charlie is worried, but what about Dave? :thinking:

Sorry Charlie…pun intended try try as you might you aren’t going to get customers to return at the exorbitant prices being charged.Look at the sat industry as an example dish and dtv are still bleeding customers,and it isn’t mainly due to iptv services.

1 Like

Dave’s numbers are very much down, also.

About the only content that’s keeping live cable-like TV subs around is live sporting events. And the younger demographics don’t seem to be as interested as the older crowd in sports.

ESPN is looking at making the transition to a stand-alone service, so the present bundling model will more than likely devolve further.

As far as exorbitant fees, I will give Charlie some credit for Sling. Their offerings don’t have a gazillion channels, but if the service selection fits your wants, it’s a relatively inexpensive service

1 Like

lol don’t get me started on charlie…he hikes rates just as much or quick as any other provider.The difference being he pulls channels in disputes for ages,some never come back.The kicker is the bill never gets any lower.

but it’s not solely the middlemen to blame,the broadcasters ask for crazy amounts of money.One example of that would be the RSN’s.It finally bit them in the butt though.

1 Like

charlie has been a thorn in my side for almost 40 years!