Difference in security using RD with Stremio vs. Kodi?

For the sake of argument, leave the use of a VPN out of it & pardon my ignorance:

Is there a difference in risk between using a torrentio link with RD on Stremio vs a torrentio link with RD on a Kodi Addon?

I recently watched a Youtube video by TDUK on Real-Debrid where he reads RD’s Privacy Policy which states that RD records the IP address of users and the sites and downloads from that IP address for ONE YEAR.
The only IP address I would want recorded is the one provided by my VPN, never my actual IP address.

Translation for Homer: Always use a VPN

4 Likes

There are some on this forum that continue to argue this. Torrenting is torrenting, I don’t care if RD claims it is “encrypted”. I will always use a VPN, or I just won’t do it…that is my choice.

5 Likes

LOL…do you know what I and others are tired of?
Your rude, disrespectful, condescending replies to anyone seeking information.

And that is especially true for newbies where your standard response is to C & P a page with a bunch of links along with a solid dose of snark. It’s like one of my students asking about Ampere’s Law and I hand him a physics text and say “read the book” when he doesn’t even know what a line integral is.

To be fair, my question really should have been more like “is there any difference when streaming using RD with a Kodi addon or with torrentio on Stremio?”.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t waste my time arguing with someone who thinks Covid never happened. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Elginherd. I think this individuals being very fair right now. He asked a question he just likes to have an answer to this question without all the opinions and b******* just answer his question. He understands the importance of the VPN he just wants to know the difference that’s all.

2 Likes

What’s a line integral? LOL !!

2 Likes

@TP-Dracoo I hope you get some help…And like soon.

4 Likes

I’m not an expert on torrenting, like all the framework, sources, etc etc. I would say that accessing Torrentio on Stremio vs accessing it on Kodi is still the same. It is basically using torrents to bring us content, just using the different UI of each app. The more I read the OP, I think it is more about this than anything else. But my answer about using a VPN because of what you are accessing in either scenario still stands.

1 Like

I just have to ask, what makes you believe that Covid never happened? And what did my friend, business associate, and 2 former schoolmates… what did these otherwise healthy people die from, all in the same year?

Just an answer for the sake of my wondering what makes people think as they do. I’m not gonna open a big can of worms with you or anyone. I am just very curious as to why you think what you do. How you arrived at this conclusion.

3 Likes

It’s amazing, Mark, the power of the conspiracy theories.

Let’s see, one of my wife’s nephews died, another hospitalized while his GF was on a ventilator, SIL & BIL up the street sick as hell for two weeks, the nurse that lives next to us with horror stories about the people laying on the floor in her hospital’s ER…nah Covid never happened, right?

Yeah the information is there in all the tools…just like the information about physics is in the textbook. It’s the student who is too stupid to be able to understand where to look without guidance or a few specific well-placed hints.

There are a few of us on here, AMD, Miki, Jayhawk, for example (sorry if I left out a helpful someone), who try to meet the questioner at his or her level of understanding and experience and give specific suggestion and specific links about where to look and read, without the “I’m tired of…”, ‘sheeple’, etc.

READ MY OPENING PHRASE DRACCO:
“For the sake of argument, leave the use of a VPN out of it & pardon my ignorance:”

Your response:
“Lol… Are you serious or just haven’t read the thousands of comments on this? Streaming direct torrents without a vpn is a bad idea and is trackable. This is well explained and im tired of it coming up as apparently nobody can seem the grasp the concept of security.”

1. Do you bother to read carefully Dracco? Did I suggest not using a VPN?
  2. You sort of implied an answer to my inquiry, but not directly.
    Did you notice that AMD directly answered to the best of his knowledge?
4 Likes

End is Near

2 Likes

“line integral”
It’s in the textbook and online…I’m tired of answering the same question over & over again.
Do the research.

Sarcasm button back to the ‘off’ position now.
(If you’re really curious, PM me and I’ll try to explain. However it’s a lot easier if I had a white board available.)

1 Like

I looked it up on Google search, it’s over my head but I kind of know what it is. LOL

1 Like

You’re a better student than I, 'cause I don’t care what it is. Made it 75 years without knowing, gonna trust my luck to continue in linear bliss :grin:

1 Like

That’s racist!
Greta Gif

#Stooges Prof

2 Likes

canadian weed? :rofl:
comment

1 Like

:grin: :wink: :crazy_face:
madea-madeanosense

4 Likes

@TP-Dracoo you’ve been Flagged yet again for about the 100th time today. Have a good night

1 Like