Did kodi go down last night?

I just tried kodi addon the crew. It won’t search for tv shows like last nite. I re installed the crew and it still won’t search. Any advice, also Seren is erroring too. I also tried installing Homelander from crew repo and get failed to install from zip file. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Is your issue that the search functionality is no longer working for you or the specific Show you are searching for is not coming up? If it’s an older or rare show it might not be there. I just went into the Crew Shows section and searched for about 1/2 dozen shows and it’s working fine for me. I don’t use Seren or Homelander so can’t comment on those

1 Like

Both with mine. Can’t get from favorites and can’t search tv or movie goes back to search. Crew and Seren. May have to reinstall kodi

1 Like

EXACTLY what happened with me last night - no TV Shows or Movies showing up on background, just the background. Try to go into My Shows, then into Progress - nothing. I don’t know how much Trakt being down affected KODI overall. But, i tried to reinstall Skeleton Crew - same issues. Installed Diggz Xenon & installed Real Debrid. Had to do manual search for my weekly shows due to Trakt being down. Worked fine - watched 2 shows. Tomorrow is another day - will it work still?? That’s the $64,000 question!

1 Like

Trakt has API integration with KODI and dozens of other apps, but the fact that it is down has no effect on KODI’s functionality except obviously you can’t access My Shows/My movies until they resolve their issues and are back up

I uninstalled and reinstalled kodi 19.4. Installed crew and Homelander. Crew still won’t bring anything up, but Homelander works fine. I’ll download Seren later after trakt back up

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I have Kodi Matrix 19.3. I use Real Debrid & Crew and Surfshark VPN. Until 2 days ago, everything was working fine. I have reauthorized Real Debrid, I made sure the VPN is running, I cleared cache and checked other settings. I tried both TV and Movies and still can’t get anything. Seems like I’m not the only one having this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Trying the crew right now and it’s working fine here. I’m using Troypoint 19.4 fork running version on the crew is 1.1.6b hope this helps :+1:

1 Like

Just tested The Crew and still no issues. Running a Build (Grindhouse Group) on KODI 19.4 I can search most of the Stock TV Show lists (Most Popular, Airing today, etc…) with the exception of Trending as that pulls data from Trakt. clicked on a few Popular TV shows and several working Links for everything I checked (using RD). Now with Trakt being down if I could only remember what episodes I watched last for my shows! :rofl:

So, I’ve been reading various posts and it seems that some people are having the problem and some are not. I’m not a very tech savvy person and I’m just trying to figure out how to resolve my issues. I still cannot get any TV or Movies in The Crew through Kodi Matrix. I have uninstalled The Crew, reinstalled The Crew, reauthorized my RD account and checked that my VPN is connected. Still the same end results … nothing comes up. Some are saying that it has nothing to do with Trakt being down. I do not use Trakt. Is it just a coincidence that things stopped working when it went down? Any suggestions where I go from here. I hate paying for VPN and RD and not being able to watch anything. From a frustrated, non-tech savvy user.

1 Like

Having zero issues with The Crew. when you open The Crew and choose TV shows where do you typically go Next? If you are trying “Trending” that pulls from Trackt and will not work whether you have Trakt or not. New Episodes, New TV Shows, Airing Today, Popular, etc…are all working fine as is the search function. VPN connected or not has nothing to do with functionality of the Addon

2 Likes

I go to TV Shows, then Search and with Movies I go to Search. I type in a show/movie, click OK and nothing. It just blinks and stays on the Search page.

1 Like

That’s exactly what mine is doing and has been since this trakt issue. Also Seren was too. Uninstalled Seren , reinstalled everything, kodi,crew, rd, and installed Homelander. Homelander is the only one I can do a manual search and get something.

Mine won’t work in manual search either. Homelander is only one and I just installed it to replace crew/Seren

I’d like to know why several of you insist the search isn’t down, when in fact there are quite a few of us here can’t search, in more than one add on

1 Like

Anything that works with trakt is down, other search’s in other fields seem to work.

1 Like

Because it is NOT down. Search is fine as are other stock lists.

The funny thing about servers is that some people will be connected to one while others may be connected to a different one. WHEN TRAKT IS FIXED EVERYTHING WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL! In the meantime use a different app or addon as a backup.

3 Likes

So the others here are all hallucinating. Thank you Jayhawk

1 Like

Thanks Jayhawk. Used to be helpful here, don’t know what happened