Device can't play any TV show or Movie?

Well…VPNs are totally legal & every ISP I’m aware of lets them go thru without a second look…unless they suspect some major torrenting going on…but…when you’re on the college’s internet…I guess they can dictate the rules…so the only way he could see exactly what is happening is to take a speed test without a vpn…use a vpn & take a speed test, get an idea of how much he’s losing & then use it as he pleases…but check his speeds every now & then to see if the college is throttling him down. Or…use the hotspot (if fast enough with a vpn) & say to hell with the college internet.

1 Like

Trying to come up with more “legal and verified” options for him to stream lol.

We know the parents should have given up years ago…regarding “movie” choices, but it seems to me that Film Plus would be a good relaxing resource for a poor college kid. Heck, I’m kinda old, but remember seeing “Deep Throat” at the Carleton College student film night at the science center auditorium in maybe 1976 when I was 15. Opened my eyes …that’s for sure. Different time.

Tell ya what…in this day & age…if I had a college kid that was watching/doing what you just posted…I’d feel purdy dang good/lucky with his choices…ha ha :face_with_peeking_eye: :eyes: :astonished:

Should clarify. If I was a 15 year old kid going to Carleton (they existed) that means I was one of the highest scoring SAT testers in the Country (more than Harvard or Princeton). But no, I was a “towny”. No way I would be posting here since I’d probably be running Microsoft or pretending to run TikTok.

Hey all,
Update: my son tried to set up a VPN (surfshark) and it wouldn’t go thru. He downloaded it but that’s as far as he got. He tried 3x to complete the purchase but it wouldn’t go thru. I’m assuming Real debrid will be another fail. So we’re already set up with Plex and we’ll go that route unless any other ideas.
Thanks all, I appreciate the help.

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter where you complete the SS subscription, as long as you get a Username and Password for it. If you were able to do it for him, he can use that at school. Not saying it will work as well as we hope, but just wanted to point that out.

Plex Media Server Setup Guide for 2022 – Complete Beginners Guide (troypoint.com)

Quick-Start & Step by Step Guides for Plex Media Server | Plex Support

OK, will do that tomorrow. Is Surfshark good for torrenting? Just curious.
Thanks again.

Can I buy 1 account of Surfshark for my son and myself? Does it have to be under one isp I guess I’m asking?

I bought one sub and have it on 3 Nvidias, 2 laptops, 1, tablet, and 1 phone.

That’s all on the same IP…right? I guess the question is: is SS IP locked or not…I would think not, but haven’t confirmed it…so :thinking:

I’ve installed SS on at least 6 sticks, used them in different locations. No problem. Although they say unlimited devices I was talking to someone and he used his account on 300 devices. SS banned his account. :crazy_face:

I’m sure the two devices in different networks would be fine. They would frown on excessive connections all with different ISPs, but within reason like you are trying to do I’m sure is totally fine. I have it on my phone, laptop and all devices. My phone is constantly in motion and has never raised any flags.

1 Like

OK…then I would assume our dad in wherever USA would be ok doing that for his kid at college. I figured it would be ok but had never proven that theory…thnx

Yup. He’ll be ok. Just has to have his dad’s login info.

1 Like

Update: My son used my username and password for surfshark and the results are… Nova TV works!!!, but not BeeTv or Flim+. That’s good but wondering why the other 2 doesn’t work. Curious…

1 Like

Trying changing the protocol settings and select different servers. You might find one that place nice?

Also, force close Film+ and clear cache. Then try again. If that doesn’t work, then try first booting up Film+ and then activate your VPN. Even try activating the vpn right before you go to click the play button.

Don’t know anything about Beetv.

When you say “change the protocol settings”, what exactly does that mean? I understand the different servers and clearing cache.
Thanks

It means exactly that, change your protocols. There is settings in your vpn called protocols you can change.