Delete Your Digital Footprint

Has anyone used this app? If so, does it work?

Redact - Delete Your Social Media Posts

In the case of Facebook, for one, you could delete all your visible posts but they would still be saved forever on Facebook’s server for future reference. No way you can get rid of all them including the backups, so they say.

1 Like

Darn. No Android app to test.

Not posting on Facebook is my method for digital footprint security lol.

3 Likes

Good start. lol Now you only have to keep quiet on Discord, Twitter, Reddit, and whatever other platform archives all your messages for safe keeping. :shushing_face:

1 Like

I occasionally PM in Discord, but never post in Twitter (or Reddit) either. Use “X” for Fantasy sports news only lol.

2 Likes

I do similarly. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

1 Like

Don’t forget patient records that are now stored online.I received a letter last week alerting me there had been a data breach.But don’t worry your social security number wasn’t breached in the attack…yea sure maybe not this time…

It’s a pitfall of the digital age. Keeping your data safe when it’s stored anywhere is never foolproof. Some things you can avoid and some things you can’t. Did you shop at Target and pay with your credit card? Oops, data breach. Your info was possibly stolen. Again. Modern technology, it’s a love-hate relationship.