Debloat selections

I installed Debloat Toolbox. It deactivates background stuff like Prime Video, etc. no problem. However, there are so many background and system apps, which ones do you select or leave without harming your Firestick?

I personally disable everything except my Alexa stuff. But the rest is up to you. There are basic explanations added to help you and when you highlight a choice it’s icon appears on the left. When in doubt do an internet search for that module’s name and see what exactly it does. Everyone uses their Firestick differently so noone can give you exact instructions imho. For example I have no use for Prime or Kindle so I disable those, but you may use them.

1 Like

Miki, Thanks for your reply. Makes sense!

1 Like

Which version of the Debloat toolbox are you using ?
I do not believe the Toolbox allows you to actually harm the Stick since you can still UN-Debloat. Or all else fails reset to factory.
Using ES Explorer doing uninstall to factory prior to using the DeBloat Tool, never touch a robot appearing 2 antenna icon. Such are named Device Control etc.
Haven’t looked at the new tool, Tech Doc is a buddy & I “assisted” in creation of the Debloat Toolbox in its development up to I believe version 5 or 6 ?
I no longer do Sticks having moved onward. Personally I leave Prime & IMDB operating as I have a Prime account. When I had a hand in it, nothing you could DeBloat would actually harm or crater the Stick & I go back to Stick release 1 & 2 where we would hook up a laptop & do some really extreme items creating a functioning streamer only.

I’m using the latest integrated debloat tool as per Troy’s vid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.