Custom Kodi Build

How many people would be interested in a custom build using only the crew add-on with preconfigured settings if I create it? The only thing you’d have to do is login with your Trakt and Real Debrid accounts. Movies and shows would have widgets for the trending category as well as your own collection. The submenu will have all the other standard categories.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

So like a custom build but without all the unneccesary stuff? Like it!!

1 Like

Exactly. All it really does is use a custom skin and pull all the content from within the add-on to the home screen. However, all the settings such as using cached torrents only would be preconfigured.

1 Like

You may want to add 1 other stable Addon on like The Oathe as well so when the inevitable addon issues come up people have a stable working backup addon!

2 Likes

I’ll look into it. I’ve never made one myself, so this may take a while to get it perfect.

1 Like

Its a great idea and as mentioned its best to load 3 top apps so something will work. Keeping it simple is great. Make it easy for the user to fix or upgrade as they like so you are not on call day and night for issues(and there will be issues). In other words provide it “as is” no warranty implied.

2 Likes

This would be awesome! I would also like to thank you for sharing your work with the community! I could never figure kodi out until i watched your video, paired it with what i learned from troy point and BAM! I was off and running. So your time, effort and willingness to share is greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Alright guys, this is what I’ve got so far. Trying to work out a few bugs and then hopefully get this uploaded to a repository.

-Must use Real Debrid (mandatory).
-Must use Trakt if you want the collection shortcuts in the submenu to work (optional).
-Trending shows and movies right on the home page using widgets.
-Submenu shortcuts to categories, including favorites you’ve added to your Trakt collection.
-One click playback (cached torrents, only 1080p or lower but can change to 4K)
-No buffering
-Submenu shortcuts to sign in with Trakt and Real Debrid

6 Likes

Looks good but is it mandatory to use trakt? If so that’s me out.

1 Like

The Trakt collection shortcuts won’t work, but otherwise you should be able to use it. The icons showing your watch progress I don’t think will work without it. Haven’t tested that part out. But otherwise, everything else should work.

1 Like

Perfect Trakt is just a very untrustworthy app that I simply won’t use. I don’t care about keeping a list of what I’ve watched and how much, that’s what a memory is for. So if it will work with just RD I’m stoked.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m wanting. The look of a custom build without all the unnecessary addons in the menu. Can’t wait

3 Likes

Damn, I’d be lost without TrakTv. LOL I’d need a Legal Pad and Pencil to remember where I was at in a show as I watch multiple shows at the same time. AND, adding shows/movies from your phone or a PC a fast and simple way to get them synced in KODI. Curious as to what you find “untrustworthy”

1 Like

It’s just me. I know my information is out there but when a service or product blatantly admits their info sharing policies I would rather eliminate that product from having my info.

1. Information Collection: The Personally Identifiable Information We Collect

In the course of using Trakt Sites, you may provide us with personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, and information on your use of and activities at our Sites that may be connected with you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information that we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, and location. Personal Information may also include information you supply to us concerning your preferences and interests expressed in the course of use of our Sites, as well as the content which you have viewed on the Sites. Your use of the Sites to record your preferences, identify content relevant to you, and otherwise personalize your activity in relation to the Sites is intended for your benefit; however, we want to make you aware as described below how we use your Personal Information.

And it gets much worse, but I won’t bore you. Anyone wanting to know more just need to read. This was discussed a while back.

As I mentioned, this is just me and to top it off I don’t need or want to record precise details of what I’ve watched or partially watch. I never forget.

2 Likes

@Miki

And if you use a vpn and a fake email it won’t matter.

1 Like

Ya I’d rather not take the chance. Trust is earned.

YES PLEASE!! I use The Crew almost exclusively anyway so this would be IDEAL and much appreciated!! :slightly_smiling_face:

This looks good, will keep an eye out for when its ready, thanks for the hard work as always Jayhawks!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.