Critically Low on Storage

Thanks
Appreciate it

Miki, you have helped me in the past so I come to you again. In regards to the low storage I don’t know anything about installing USB cable and so forth… can you help me step by step or direct me to a tutorial that will help me go from clearing my fire stick 4K Maxx back to zero like starting all over again?
As I shared with you in the past I am a 77 year old man and and not very savvy with all this technical talk with you guys carry on with each other.
I’ll be so gracious to you if you could help me because I only have.079 remaining on my fire stick.
BLESSINGS to you Miki

I think you are referring to an OTG (on the go) cable. It’s a cable with 3 ports. 2 are micro usb, one being male and one female, then the third port is a full USB one for you to plug in a USB 3.0 Drive like say a 32GB Sandisk. These can be gotten from almost any computer store these days or ordered from Amazon or even Radio Shack. Now the easiest way to return a stick to it’s factory settings is to have it plugged in and running and then go to settings>My Fire TV and scroll down to click Reset to Factory Defaults.

Thank you for replying so quickly Miki. After restoring it back to factory default then what do I do… I mean how do I get things back like Netflix, SD MAID etc?
Also will I have to jailbreak it again?
I’m so sorry I’m don’t know these things I really am… I feel very insecure when it comes to doing something like this, so afraid I’m going to mess everything up.

All good BassMeister, but we’ve hijacked a thread and that’s not cool. So I’m taking this to PM where we can talk without changing the topic or altering the thread.

Ok… do I need to do anything

How to add storage to firestick,
https://troypoint.com/expand-fire-tv-stick-4k-internal-storage/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.