Creating a Kids Tablet

Oh that is a fantastic looking tablet, but over Santa’s budget for the kiddo lol. At least on the tablet since he still leaves it places, drops it etc lol. Do you have this one? Do you have a custom launcher and/or Launcher Manager on it, and how does it work?

No, but it is on my wish list. The S8 Ultra is last year’s model at $900.

Btw, I was joking. No way would I get a child that expensive of a tablet.

Tomorrow is Black Friday. See what Amazon has to offer.

Just remember next year a new improved model will be out. Kids out grow stuff FAST! So, keep that in mind when laying out the big bucks.

1 Like

Was looking at this one. I just wasn’t sure if these Galaxy Tabs are conducive to custom launchers so that I can set it up the way I want for him. My Amazon Kids subscription is due on Xmas day, and I am not a fan so want to avoid renewing that once I have something better in place.

Amazon.com : SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A8 10.5” 128GB Android Tablet, LCD Screen, Kids Content, Smart Switch, Expandable Memory, Long Lasting Battery, Fast Charging, US Version, 2022, Dark Gray : Electronics

Go to Best Buy and look for one on display and download a launcher and see.

You could even buy one and take it home and try. If it can’t be done. Then take it back and get you money back.

Btw, I use Nova on my Fire HD 10 tablet, but that was when the Fire Toolbox was still working a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Bought the wife the S8 Ultra, or was it plus, last Christmas. She just loves it and the pen.

1 Like

Projectivy Launcher - Apps on Google Play

Amazon.com : OnePlus Pad 11.61" LCD Display, 8GB RAM,128GB Storage, MediaTek Dimensity 9000, Android 13.1, 144HZ Refresh Rate, Dolby Vision Atmos, Wi-Fi with Cellular Data Sharing Tablet : Electronics
https://www.amazon.com/OnePlus-Display-MediaTek-Dimensity-Cellular/dp/B0C4FYBKHH/?asc_source=verso&asc_campaign=5af4622ff2b84f222a2e5fc8|27825gdXctSK2fKQu2C9u3&asc_refurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wired.com%2Fgallery%2Fthe-best-tablets&ascsubtag=5af4622ff2b84f222a2e5fc8&tag=w050b-20

1 Like

For sure, I love ProjectIvy. I have it on a couple boxes and my tablet, but not sure it is as kids friendly as something like Wolf/ATV.

On my cheapie Kinstone tablet, Wolf Launcher works!

1 Like

on my phone and tablets I use and prefer action launcher. Liked it so much I purchased the full version.
Action Launcher: Pixel Edition - Apps on Google Play

1 Like

I was just now messing with it and forgot how nice and clean the UI is using this launcher…

I appreciate everyone’s help and input with this. I decided to get the 128gb Galaxy Tab A8 and ordered it today. I will report back on the ease of customization once I start setting it up for Santa to bring on Xmas. My son will be thrilled, excited to watch him open it.

1 Like

After rechecking the naughty or nice list…lol