Copyright strike

I’m well aware the issue, ISP are always on the line and not the customer which is why i typed it out the way i did, unless a court order. Please read what i said. i mentioned hackers only for sol purpose to make people aware that yes people still do this please protect yourself.

Please dont be so defensive, nobody here is disagreeing with you or agreeing… I fully understand why you are saying what you are… But the best protection for a user in these current times would be to use a vpn/proxie combo as online laws always change. It’s a sad world we live in but for now this is how we go about it. Everyone is allowed to do as they please with their internet and security. I do things probably different than others as you would. But seeing how this community is filled with the not so experienced i rather be as informative to them as possible.

5 Likes

So I guess whenn AT&T sued me for hitting their phone line with an auger doesn’t count?

Have no idea what that has to do with the post but ok

That’s what I call the ultimate cord cutter. Seriously they threatened to sue me $3,200 I told him I see them in court it never happened. They usually don’t chase a small fish they want to get the big fish…

2 Likes

Idk what you guys are into but I’ve never had copyright issues with cord cutting and never will maybe this era is different from back in the day idk but the only people I see involved in copyright issues these days are criminals trying to scam the system and cut corners like that YouTuber behind that Gears IPTV that the feds raided and I think he’s in prison now

You are absolutely right C. Because I use a VPN religiously I genuinely feel that this has kept me anonymous. Being one of those “ordinary” joes I feel that even if my stream was deemed to be inappropriate the authorities would be less inclined to investigate due to the added steps required to contact my VPN supplier and issue legal docs, not to mention attempting to decrypt my stream in the first place. Thank you for your contribution to the topic.

The Gears guy went to prison for Tax Evasion not copyright if I remember correctly

1 Like

Its been explained. Just because you havent received one doesnt mean others haven’t. All good tho.

Requested to be closed

4 Likes

I stream for several months on a IP TV provider without a VPN because VPN cut back my downloads so much, I never did receive a copyright infringement letter. Later on I did get a VP and I’m using surf shark right now. I got on my PC and it was experiment with stremio on there and I downloaded a movie and I didn’t have the VPN on my computer that’s where I got my first copyright infringement that very same day. NBC notified AT&T that I had downloaded a movie off of there streaming whatever.