Cooling solutions for devices

I would gladly blow any dust build up out of any device I own than have it sealed up tight. I take my gaming PC out to the garage consistently and clean everything out to maximize airflow.

2 Likes

I agree with AMD.
Even if the Max or any other stick/box do have thermal throttling, there’s still two issues:

1. “Throttling” means that the capabilities of the CPU will be diminished. That’s what throttling means.
  2. Chronically operating semiconducting devices at elevated temperatures does decrease their longivity, even if the temps don’t reach the thresholds.
1 Like

I didn’t say anywhere that I disagree with AMD. Quite the contrary, I totally agree. That’s why I posted the link to adding cooling to the Firestick. I think my sticks last longer than most, as all power is disconnected from the Max every night, and every morning it gets a fresh start. I have experienced the throttling during the summer here, as it gets up to around 110°F here in the summer. It’s a royal pain. So I actually got a fan and aimed it across the back of my TV and Max. So far so good but we’ll see this summer, oh wait, no we won’t cause
I GOT A SHIELD COMING WOOOOHOOOO.

2 Likes

I understand…sometimes typed out conversations lose a lot of the nuance required to truly understand what s person really means or is taling about.

1 Like

With ACTIVE cooling!!! :man_dancing: :ice_cube:

1 Like

Absolutely. And all I have to do is feed the mice. Smart eh?:flushed:

Fan included with your Shield Pro lol

After having several different plastic cased boxes, (some of them quite stylish with nice specs), I bought 2 Ugoos AM 6 devices within the past 3 years, which are made with large heatsinks over the processor and a metal casing that provides excellent heat transfer and dissipation. The CPU has never risen above 43 degrees Celsius on either device, and I have them on constantly, without any cooling fans!

1 Like

Here we go again lol.

Nice heat sink! How is the temperature? :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

I haven’t tested it yet. Trying to find my thermal paste before I put it back together. Also, I posted this before but this is what kept it cool even before I drilled holes in the top for ventilation lol. It kept restarting itself.

1 Like

You can check the thermal reading with AIDA64 app.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.