Comcast & Spectrum Lost More Than 3 Million Cable TV Customers in 2023

Comcast & Spectrum Lost More Than 3 Million Cable TV Customers in 2023 | Cord Cutters News

1 Like

Awesome. Screw the Cable Companies!

So cable companies recognizing this trend of losing subs to more growing cord cutters - you’ll see that these companies try to make up for losses by raising costs for internet packages.

Spectrum has steadily been raising their internet costs over the last 10 years. Granted, they’re also upping the speed ceiling on their base internet packages for “free”, but then raising blanket costs across all their packages nearly every year.

and instead of lowering prices and adding content discrimination they will just raise prices…soooo stupid! . and they reap what they sow

I’ve pretty much decided when and if Spectrum drops the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program | Federal Communications Commission (fcc.gov) this April. I will downgrade to a lesser speed package.

These companies try to bamboozle people into thinking they need gig speeds when most could get by with 100Mbps speeds.

When they up your speed for “free” but then up their internet packages across the board. Then you are not getting that boost in speed for free! Heck just having a decent internet connection is knocking on a $100 bucks a month.

1 Like

Way to go :joy::joy:

I’m not sure how old you are lol,but just sharing this as my mother in law has this package.It actually lowered her home phone plan by $10 because of the bundling.So it’s $39.99 for her phone and internet.

https://www.spectrum.com/internet/spectrum-internet-assist

1 Like

Yes, I have heard of that. I believe it is affiliated with a federal program called Lifeline.

Home - National Verifier (getinternet.gov)

Even the recent 5G home internet providers, like Tmo and Verizon, are upping their prices. Tmo, who once marketed their $50/mo price locked pricing is backpedeling and upping their monthly to $60.

The US ranks 5th or 6th, globally, for average internet costs - despite being significantly behind in broadband infrastructure and speed offering per cost ratio.

Yea I started to broach that topic earlier,figured I’d kick that can on down the road lol…Glad you kicked it though.

It’s a sad thing when 3rd world countries have cheaper internet and better infrastructure to provide it.Now some will say hey it’s because the US is a richer country and things should cost more,I say bs,it comes down to greed.Look at how many handouts some of these isps have gotten over the years and have yet to expand their broadband infrastructure.

1 Like

The internet is as vital a utility as your gas, electric, water, and phone utilities.

So, yes, I believe the government should have a say in its regulating this somewhat new utility.