Cloning a Firestick

Is there any way you you can clone a fully loaded firestick to a brand new “virgin” firestick?

1 Like

Hello @jimsboelter One way that I previously did this was by backing up all of the apps that were installed through ES File Explorer and then put all of those on a USB drive. Then, I would install the APKs from the USB drive. This is one of the main reasons why I launched my TROYPOINT App. Now, I just go into the Rapid App Installer and install all of the best apps directly through that in a matter of minutes. TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer (SUBSCRIBERS ONLY) - TROYPOINT: Tech Tutorials On Firestick, Android TV Box, VPN, IPTV, Streaming, & More

1 Like

use adb link to back up old stick then restore to new one

ps this will only restore apps on kodi

Trouble is, if you’re expecting the fully configured APP to transfer you can’t. These techniques only transfer the APK if you have them. So an APK is the “installer” for android apps similar to the exe. in Windows. Once an app is installed onto a fat32 USB drive for a firestick it can only be read by the firestick that it’s on and no others. So you can’t install a fully configured app onto a USB drive and then install it onto another stick. This is where the RAI from Troy comes into play as you simply fire up a new stick, reg it, install your VPN, then downloader, then troy’s RAI that contains the APKs and start installing.
Have fun and STREAM ON.