Clearing Cache on my Firestick 4k max

cannot clear my cache on new firestick4k max!

1 Like

There will always be a remaining 16.28 cache after clearing. No idea why but that’s now the way it is.

3 Likes

Hey @Miki
Just to add to your reply, it’s the same for stock android boxes and android TV boxes.
Thanks for letting others know about this who may be concerned or wondering if something is wrong.

1 Like

@Sbrowne126
@Miki

Just to add to their replies, some things you cNt completely clear and will always need data or cache to operate.

It’s so the app or program can read from that.

@damagman

Just keep it clean and lite you should be okay.

2 Likes

I’m using a 4K max with a USB attached to expand memory. I have several apps on the USB and they work fine. However for those apps, the firestick sees the cache size as 0 and cannot be cleared. This is especially problematic for Kodi where one has to clear it’s cache to fix a freeze. When that happens I have to move Kodi to the internal memory, clear the cache, then move it back to the USB. Anyone with ideas?

Do you know of a simple fast way to to clear all cache on a Fire HD 10 tablet? The Background app just brings up each individual app and then I clear cache and force stop easch one separately. The Shield I can clear all cache data with one click.

2 Likes

Tx for the vid. This is exactly what most figured but nice to see amazon saying what it is exactly tx. I’ve never been worried about it cause it’s so small.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Did you get any info on this? I have the same problem. Kodi is on my USB & it always shows 0kb cache. I know it will always have the minimum 16.8kb.
Let me know if you learned anything?

Nice video, however it doesn’t explain why apps that are installed on a expanded memory, or sd card. All apps show 0 in cahe size. You can only clear cash by moving app back to internal, then clearing cache ( where cache size does show up), clear cache, then move it back to sd card. With the new versions of Firestick 4K it is simple using the commands included from “Manage installed Apps” that say move to sd card", then after move has “move to internal storage”. Problem is that does not show for all apps, or it only shows for moving to internal memory.
Does anyone have a simple solution for this?
Thanks

Ever wonder why moving apps to offboard storage doesn’t result in a commensurate increase in available on-stick memory? Its because most of the app code remains in the stick. The offboard memory is useful for downloading files but not much else.