Cinema gone to APK heaven

Greetings all, does anyone know if Cinema version V2 (2.4.0) works anymore; I’m afraid my favorite streaming program has gone to APK heaven, please tell it’s not true?

1 Like

you should probably do a search here. It’s been abandoned but someone sorta continued updating it. I’d look into something els.

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

1 Like

still works but not good film plus is very good

2 Likes

Last time I tried Cinema it was surprisingly terrific with RD. Not sure of the long term outlook of the app but it had way more sources using RD than Film Plus.

1 Like

I still have v2.4 installed and its working fine(hardly ever use it). Normally I just goto stremio which usually has the same content and also have filmplus which also still up.

4 Likes

Syncler+ is still the reigning champion…imho

8 Likes

Between stremio and syncler I really don’t need anything else :clap:

4 Likes

One is enough and Syncler+ seems to fill the bill.

1 Like

Syncler is definitely my favorite, Stremio not far behind. I am always looking for good, functional streaming apps as backups, though. In the cord cutting business, tomorrow is never promised for these apks. Plan A, B, C, etc.

5 Likes

I actually really liked Cinema HD. It was very well organized and was easy to navigate. Unfortunately, as you stated, they come, and they go.

That’s why I picked up Syncler+ and is now my go to movie app.

I just don’t see the need in having a backup app for these types of apps. They are all free and readily available to download in an instant. So why take up the extra space to have a bunch of apps that basically are all the same? It’s not like having to have a backup iptv service. Those require more foresight.

1 Like

One could argue either way about having these “backups” on your device at all times. My big thing is about staying current with all of these to make sure you can shift on a dime if needed. As you said, they come and they go. Same with IPTV services…for that reason it is healthy to have many, many backup plans for all aspects of cord cutting…IPTV, streaming apks, vpn, etc.

1 Like

Syncler+ is my favorite, no question.

2 Likes

I have a few backup iptv services, but only2 are paid. As far as movie apps I have several genres specific and 3 apps (Syn, Film+, Strem) that fall under the general all-purpose category. I loaded the other 2 just to check them out and judge. Most likely I will be deleting at least one of them and maybe both. Don’t need them when my primary one does the same job, and I am more familiar with it features and content is virtually the same as the other 2.

Btw, I probably should get rid of some of the other genre specific ones that I hardly ever use. lol I got stupid and downloaded tons of media apps (25 media apps) that overlap one another and rarely ever even open. I should cut that down to at least half or 5-6 good ones that I may use more on a regular basis. They just sit there taking up space, but they do look impressive filling up my apps page…hmmm?

Fyi, if I didn’t have a Nvidia Pro with tons of storage I would have uninstalled probably 75% of the apps that I have, but my machine and storage seem to handle the load nicely.

:laughing: I’ve done the same thing. Added a 16GB usb drive to my 4k Max using a powered otg hub and now I have 15 streaming apps that I have readily available to load and test for issues or changes when someone is having problems. They don’t affect my Max as I keep it with 3GB+ of free space. But ya, they are rarely used.

1 Like

Yes, we all know that Cinema is kaput. But it still appears on the front page of Troypoint.com (last updated October 31, 2022):

Cinema features tons of working links and is constantly updated so you are never short on content.
With Terrarium TV no longer being supported, Cinema APK is a great option for those looking to continue their streaming experience. Cinema HD has been selected as one of the “Most Popular APKs” by TROYPOINT

Maybe it’s time to remove this from the front page or at least a warning that it no longer functions effectively.

2 Likes

Pretty sure this has been explained to you. It seems someone has picked it up… or the scrappers seem to be working and still seems to pair with real debrid. I have also said you should personally message troy on this for a better answer.

Currently the original owners are done with it. The scrappers are still active. Untill they stop working they will be completely defunked. If you have rd cinema works better with that. I personally dont like cinema i like other stuff and will suggest something els if you have real debrid

1 Like

well it appears that most(not all) of us just install various apps try out…just because we can :rofl:… yea yea Syncler is all that and was my fav till Miki brainwashed me into using stremio…now my fav is stremio…but I have several others …filmplus, cinemaHD to check out when others start to complain they done gone belly up :grimacing: :face_with_monocle:…and then back to normal programming for me :eyes:

I’ve been using Stremio more lately, but I still like Syncler+ better.

What don’t I understand is all these people using their iptv service to stream movies? The selection is not nearly as good as Syncler or Stremio.

Iptv for live and sports and maybe a few other things of interest you can’t find on the movie apps.

1 Like

Perhaps, but I haven’t seen any evidence of this. Some folks claim that the scrapers are still working somewhat (and better with RD than without) but it most certainly isn’t one of the best APKs any longer.

yeppers, I agree totally. Given the track record of stremio and syncler it makes you wonder why you would want to waste time on apps due to fail at any time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down_face:

4 Likes