Cinema 2.4.1 Do you recommend or Not

I saw the email from Troy point this weekend about Cinema 2.4.1, Has anyone used it and do you like. Miki have you tried this new version. Just curious what are the risks and rewards and is it worth installing. I know this is no longer supported by the original programmer and most likely A Fork. This has always been A red flag for me. Syncler is still my go to and only app that I use. Please let me know what everyone thinks about the 2.4.1 version and if they recommend or resent.

1 Like

It’s not ad free. That’s why I’m not using it.

3 Likes

Ya the best ad free is something like 2.3.6.1 beta, but I believe there are mods out there.

3 Likes
1 Like

TP just did a tutorial on this and he suggestion to proceed with extreme caution!

Is Cinema HD V2.4.1 Safe? (troypoint.com)

Quick answer no head to a lot of deleting at a disconnect my VPN all kinds of different things but I went back to the 240 Cinema app reconnected everything and now it works again thanks

2 Likes

I just installed 2.4.1 today watched two movies ad free . So for no problems .

1 Like

I just checked it with Viruse Total an got 0 warnings .

2 Likes

I used the procedure Troy mentioned and keep getting a paid site streaming-now. com when trying to download 2.4.1. That is with the Downloader link Cinema HD APK Download v2.4.1 & v2.4.0 (Official). Not sure what the problems is. Anyone?

1 Like

The 2.4.1 is a Beta release I believe. All beta releases may or may not have anomalies. This is why, if you want stability, go with the 2.4.0 stable release.

3 Likes

The link to the 2.4.1 beta isn’t working. The other two are.

Why even mess with it when you already have several very good VOD apps available for free that have NO reported issues?

I used to have Cinema HD as my go-to movie app for many years and absolutely loved it but have since moved on to other VOD apps that offer everything they did and more with little worry.

Personally, I would wait on Cinema until things settle down and then take a re-look at it.

2 Likes

Tried replacing CinemaHD with some of other VOD, as suggested, but not available in UK. So tried Cinema241, but came up as analytic! .
Seems to run OK, no ads.
So I’ll keep on running with this, unless anyone can suggest a similar VOD to Cinema that runs as good in the UK

2 Likes

How can I add subtitles to Cinema2.4.1?

1 Like

hire Biden’s sign language interpreter, or enable CC on your player.

Took your advice…Biden’s guy is coming next week🤣
Seriously I turned on CC…Dah!

1 Like

Thank you all for all your replies I think I’ll wait a bit to install Cinema. Syncler is still working flawlessly for me on a daily basis. A special Thank You to Miki always helping out with any questions that I might have, also the most knowledgeable person I’ve met since I’ve became a Troy Point patron. Miki you are truly a shining star and I’m truly grateful for all your replies and meeting you here.

2 Likes

That is so strange that everyone is talking about this different version of Cinema but I have had the same one for at least six years and it’s never failed me. I guess I was one of the lucky ones cause I use it all the time with no problems.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.