Chromecast Remote draining battery

I’ve change my Chromecast with Google Tv remote twice because the battery keeps draining. It goes from Battery Level: Good to replace battery in less than 4 days after which it will stop working.
If i put new triple A batteries, it starts again and in 4 days gone.

I have abandoned the 2 remotes and now use the TV Remote (LG) to navigate the chromecast.

Please can anyone help with a fix?

Have you done the remote firmware update? This was suppose to fix that issue.

. To apply the system update, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner, then select Settings > System > About > System update . To apply the remote control update, which takes the firmware version from 24.7 to 26, select Settings > Remotes & Accessories and select your remote .

2 Likes

Remote is already on Version 26 and I’ve inserted 2 new triple A batteries to monitor if it will stop draining the batteries.

But I’m reluctant to update to Android 12 because i lost the mouse toggle functionality on my 2nd Chromecast in the room after updating to Android 12.

Waiting on new ways to get the mouse toggle in Android 12 working.

1 Like

Battery is completely drained and remote has stopped working… I guess the remote is gone and need replacement.
I now have 2 remotes that are useless. Will give one to a phone repair expert to open it up to figure out what is draining the batteries.
I’m suspecting a depressed pad at the back end permanently held down as responsible for the issue.
What do you guys think?
I’ll appreciate your prompt response.
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.